- Take a ride on one of the oldest and most historic lines in California, taking people to the beach from the mountains since 1875
- Get the history of the railroad and the Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park from your friendly conductor
- A great family day out that the kids will be talking about for ages
All aboard for adventure! Board a 19th-century steam train in the mountains and end up on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Soak up some sensational Californian scenery along the way and learn about the railroad's history from your friendly conductor.
Tourists have been traveling by steam train in these parts since 1875, so you're the latest in a long line of choo-choo choosers.
On this exciting adventure you'll board a 19th-century steam train from the Santa Cruz Mountains and travel through the lush greenery of Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park.
Heading down the scenic San Lorenzo River Gorge you'll learn the history of the area and the railroad from your conductor. Then you'll cross a steel truss bridge built in 1909, chug through a tunnel built in 1875, before arriving at the beachfront. At the Santa Cruz Boardwalk you can feel the sand between your toes, ride the rides, eat that famous fried beach food, or re-enact your favorite scenes from 80s vampire flick The Lost Boys.
The kids will love it almost as much as you will.
- Train journey
- Food and beverages
Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the ticket office. Make sure to arrive on time for your selected departure time.
- Departure from Roaring Camp Felton at 10:15: Arrival at Santa Cruz Boardwalk at 11:15, departure from Santa Cruz Boardwalk at 12:15, return to Roaring Camp Felton at 13:15
- Departure from Roaring Camp Felton at 14:15: Arrival at Santa Cruz Boardwalk at 15:15, departure from Santa Cruz Boardwalk at 16:15, return to Roaring Camp Felton at 17:15
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.
Getting to Roaring Camp Railroads
Santa Cruz Metro Transit Route 34, get off at the Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park and Felton Covered Bridge.
- The overall duration of the experience is 3 hours (1 hour each way on the train + 1 hour on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk)
- The trains go no matter the weather, but dress accordingly
- Parking is available at the Roaring Camp Felton ($10/vehicle) and the Santa Cruz Boardwalk ($12/vehicle)