- Experience a stockpile of Renaissance artworks that have ascended to mythical status, including paintings by Raphael and Michelangelo's frescoes in the Sistine Chapel
- Take a stroll in the Vatican Gardens - a retreat for popes and their inner circle since the 13th century, now open to (very limited members of) the public
- Skip the notoriously long entrance lines for the Vatican Museums by showing your mobile ticket directly to the guards at the entrance
There are always huge lines to get into the Vatican - and no wonder, it's one of the most exclusive places on the planet, packed to the heavenly ceiling with spectacular art. And behind the museums, one of the most private backyards in the world. Filled with fountains, sculptures and shady trees, this is the place Pope Francis strolls when he needs a little 'me' time. Sidestep the lines, and take this chance to really get into the world of the Vatican.
Originally built in the 13th century - the Vatican Gardens are nearly 23 hectares of flower fields, sculptures, fountains, and even some medieval buildings. Legend has it that when the Vatican Gardens were first built, they were covered with sacred soil from Mount Calvary - where Jesus was crucified. In the past these wonderful gardens (and lawn and orchard) were only available to those with power and influence. But with this ticket you can count yourself among that privileged group.
Take a 45-minute bus ride of this exclusive landscaped area - designed by great Renaissance architect Carlo Maderno - and soak up the splendor. You may even catch a glimpse of Pope Francis himself as he wanders his enormous backyard.
After this remarkable tour, you'll get right to the front of the queue for the Vatican Museums. This is undoubtedly one of the finest museums on the planet. With works by a host of Renaissance artists, including the Raphael Rooms, Michelangelo, the Hall of Maps, and the Courtyard of the Pigna (Pinecone), it's worth it.
Then, when you add in the works Michelangelo created in the Sistine Chapel, widely regarded to be the highest artistic achievements of all time, the Vatican Museums become an absolutely unmissable, earth-shaking journey into the world of high art. From the fountains in the garden to the ceiling of the Sistine, this is a profound experience. Avoid the lineups, and get special access - all without needing to spend years in a seminary school? How divine!
- Skip the lengthy lines by showing your smartphone ticket to the Vatican guards at the entrance (CASSA ONLINE E GRUPPI) of the Vatican Museums on Viale Vaticano
- If a discounted ticket is presented without the required ID, the visitor will be asked to pay for a full price ticket in order to enter. The discounted ticket won't be refunded
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
No explanation that we would not be guided in there, many of us stood around dumbfounded.
No direction given as to how to proceed on our museum visit.
Vatican Museums - ok, despite the crowds.
Sistine Chapel - rather a bit disappointed, horrible crowds, a little bit too dark inside!