- Explore one of Japan's most spectacular aquariums, dedicated to the Pacific Rim's incredible array of marine life
- Wander around four floors and 14 beautiful regions, learning about the many creatures who live there, from cownose rays to loggerhead sea turtles and fried egg jellyfish!
- Get your hands wet in the interactive exhibit, where you can get a feel for sharks and stingrays at the touch pool and see penguins up close
Do you want to visit a murky fish tank? Or do you want to submerge yourself into one of the largest, clearest underwater kingdoms on Earth, home to 30,000 glorious creatures from around the Pacific Rim?
Option two is the reality at Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan, which is known around the world for its crystal-blue waters and giant marine enclosures. Make your way through four floors of ocean beauty, be captivated by feeding frenzies, and meet 620 species across 14 immersive regions.
It's hard to get over quite how huge Kaiyukan is. From the moment you enter through the eye-widening tunnel at the Aqua Gate, you're in an almost endless world of blue.
Search out otters and giant salamanders in the Japan Forest, and admire the slick tufted puffin over at the Aleutian Islands. Gaze at Pacific white-sided dolphins of the Tasman Sea, and get lost in a world of vibrant colors and schooling fish in the Great Barrier Reef.
The common octopus is far more fascinating than its name suggests – see if you can spot one of these little suckers at the Seto Inland Sea. The spindly legs of the Japanese spider crab are also a must-see in the Japan Deep section, and who could forget the ethereal jellyfish? They've got their own tranquil hangout to float around in. There are so many marine marvels here, we couldn't possibly list them all!
Plus, the new interactive exhibit is feast for the senses. Feel the temperatures, smell the scents, and hear the sounds as you approach creatures from around the globe. Get seriously close to the rockhopper penguins of the Falkland Islands, the ringed seals of the Arctic, and the honeycomb stingrays of the Maldives. You can even feel rays and sharks in the touch pool!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket