Tickets for Museum of Natural History La Specola: Skip The Line
See thousands of preserved animals and stunning mineral collections
- See over 5,000 perfectly preserved and dissected animals from a collection of 3.5 million – trust us, it's less gruesome than it sounds!
- Enjoy the sparkliest exhibition in the world, as you check out the Mineraliter gemstone collection
- Celebrate the life and work of Galileo in the stunning Neoclassical Tribune of Galileo
Ever seen a stuffed walrus? How about one from the 18th century? See it for yourself, plus a mind-boggling collection of 3.5 million animals at Florence's La Specola Natural History Museum. Be wowed by sparkling minerals and gemstones, pay tribute to legendary astrologist Galileo, and even peek inside a hippo. It's weird, it's wacky, it's science!
In the Zoological Collection, study more than 5,000 animals, perfectly preserved, dissected and displayed for your viewing pleasure. It might be a little creepy if it wasn't all in the name of science - when was the last time you looked inside a hippo?
In the new Mineraliter exhibition, 'ooh' and 'aah' at the University's glittering collection of rare minerals, sourced globally, as well as from Italy. Just don't call them rocks!
Finally, you can celebrate the life and work of the revolutionary Florentine scientist in the magnificent Tribune of Galileo – a glass-domed shrine with stunning frescoes depicting Italy's invaluable scientific achievements.
- Access to the Zoological Collection
- Access to the Mineraliter mineral section
- Access to rooms with the anatomical wax figures
- Access to the skeleton rooms
Show your smartphone voucher at the ticket office to collect your paper ticket.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Bus: Lines 6, 11, 12, 36, D.
La Specola opened in 1775, so it's one of the oldest science museums in Europe. And its dramatic Neoclassical architecture is a cool backdrop for thousands of artifacts from the history of Italian science.