- Learn about Jim Thompson, the American architect and businessman who saved Thailand's silk industry
- Explore the stunning temple-like house where Thompson lived until his mysterious disappearance in 1967
- Your guided tour of Thompson's house continues on to Suan Pakkad Palace, a former Thai Prince's residence
Discover an amazing chapter of Thai history on this tour that includes hotel pick up and drop off, and get a guided tour of the mysterious Jim Thompson House. See the enigmatic American architect's extensive collection of Thai art, explore his beautifully self-designed house, surrounded by lush jungle foliage in the heart of Bangkok, and uncover an extraordinary story of one man's influence on a nation.
Before Jim Thompson's mysterious disappearance in 1967, the mercurial entrepreneur amassed a trove of Thai treasures and artworks, and built beautiful houses around Bangkok inspired by Thai Buddhist aesthetics.
Visit Thompson's pièce de résistance: the home he lived in. It's now a museum dedicated to his life and his incredible art collection. A guide will take you from room to room, giving you the inside scoop on the architect's lasting influence on Thai culture.
Afterwards, head to Suan Pakkad Palace which was once the residence of Thai royalty. The palace's traditional houses beautifully showcase Thailand's intricate architectural style, which is an art form in its own right.
This tour allows you to see glorious treasures, both personal and royal, while learning about Buddhist traditions.
- The tour operator will contact you via email after booking to arrange pick-up from your hotel in Bangkok
- You will be picked up from your hotel lobby. Please be ready at least 5 minutes prior to the pick-up time agreed upon
- Show your smartphone ticket to the guide/driver
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Please note that you will be required to provide your hotel details and location in order to be picked up. Failing to provide this information upon request may result in your tour being cancelled.