Tickets for Basilica di Santa Maria del Popolo: Entrance + Audio Guide
Marvel of Renaissance art and architecture with works by Caravaggio and Raphael
- Explore this stunning minor basilica and its beautifully adorned chapels with a comprehensive audio guide
- See Raphael’s artistic and decorative genius come alive in the Chigi Chapel
- Features two Caravaggio masterpieces: Crucifixion of St Peter and Conversion on the Way to Damascus
Do as the Romans do and step into Basilica di Santa Maria del Popolo. You'll immerse yourself in a unique piece of Roman parish history and soak up some one-of-a-kind artistic masterpieces from Caravaggio, Bernini, Raphael and more! And with this handy and informative audio guide, you'll get to really appreciate this hidden gem.
Basilica di Santa Maria del Popolo punches well above its weight in terms of the variety and quality of its adornments. It may be a minor basilica, but it has some major masterpieces.
From the grandeur of Raphael’s Chigi Chapel to Caravaggio’s jaw-dropping canvases in the Cerasi Chapel, there's plenty here to make it a must-see for the visitor in the know.
And along the way, you'll get to enjoy the sumptuous Baroque decorations (including the first octagonal dome to ever grace the Roman skyline).
You'll also learn many other fascinating tidbits and trivia about this church, the art, and the popes and architects who brought it to life, thanks to the included audio guide.
Don't just visit Piazza del Popolo, get into it - by exploring this fascinating church!
- Entrance to Basilica di Santa Maria del Popolo (free)
- Audio guided tour of the Basilica
- Audio guided tour of Cappella Chigi
- Live guide
- Show your smartphone ticket at the welcome desk inside the Basilica and pick up your audio guide
- If you book the timeslot at 10:30, you can visit the Basilica anytime between 10:30 and 12:00
- If you book the timeslot at 16:00, you can visit the Basilica anytime between 16:00 and 18:30. Last admission is at 17:30
- Please note that you must leave a valid ID as a deposit for the audio guide (no copy or student ID)
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Bus: lines 61, 89, 120F, 150F, 160, 490, 495, and 590 to P.le Flaminio (Ma).
Built in 1099 by Pope Paschal II, the basilica is an intricate tour through the imaginations of master artists and architects.