- Size matters. The glorious Portrait Gallery of The Golden Age is a selection of spectacular group portraits rarely put on exhibition due to their massive dimensions
- Over 30 colossal masterpieces depict the remarkable personalities behind the achievements of the Golden Age. You’ll also see some remarkable peeks into life of the time, including Rembrandt's The Anatomy Lesson of Dr Deijman
- A unique partnership between three of Amsterdam’s biggest museums the Rijksmuseum, the Amsterdam Museum, and the Hermitage
Over 30 immense portraits of the Golden Age adorn part of the Hermitage Amsterdam Museum. If you’re interested in getting to know the Dutch way, come and see where Abraham gets his mustard from! (Dutch expression, Weten waar Abraham de mosterd haalt, means to be informed and up-to-date).
The words ‘mighty’, ‘monumental’, and ‘massive’ don’t do justice to the magnificent 17th century group portraits of civic guards, regents, and merchants of all ranks, social classes and religions standing and working together as brothers of the Night Watch.
These enormous, insightful, and intricate paintings originate from the Amsterdam Museum and the Rijksmuseum and are accompanied by other paintings and objects from the era. The relationships between the people of the time formed the basis for the standards and conventions of today.
By governing the country, boosting trade, scientific development, and safety, the citizens ensured the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands (ruled by the bourgeoisie) became powerful and prosperous. Notice them in Rembrandt’s ‘The Anatomy Lesson of Dr Deijman’ and portraits of Civic Guards like Govert Flinck and Nicolaes Pickenoy.
Audio Tour: The included audio tour will guide you through the history of extraordinary art by masters of the Golden Age.
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance of the gallery.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
We werden daarenboven zeer vriendelijk geholpen toen ons toegangsticket niet meteen kon worden gescand.