Tickets for Dinner Train Amsterdam: Dinner Express
Walk the red carpet to the Dinner Train and see the Dutch scenery as you dine
- Want to feel special? Walk down the red carpet and be greeted by the train manager as you step aboard the Dinner Train at Amsterdam's Central Station
- Travel through The Green Heart, a sparsely populated area in the Dutch Randstad and see beautiful fields with cows and windmills
- Enjoy a special four-course dinner including a glass of bubbles and coffee or tea with dessert and top-notch service the whole way!
Want to see some of the Dutch countryside but pressed for time? Or maybe you just have a date to impress. Walk the red carpet at Amsterdam's Central Station and board the Dinner Train Amsterdam. This Dinner Express journey serves up a four-course meal and stunning scenery all at once.
Travel through The Green Heart, a sparsely populated area in the Dutch Randstad, on the first line to connect Haarlem and Amsterdam and enjoy some of the best food in the city at the same time!
This classy three-hour experience begins with a red carpet reception at Amsterdam Central Station. You'll be welcomed aboard the special Dinner Train for top-notch service and a memory-making train ride past grazing cows, tulip fields and windmills.
Your four-course dinner includes a glass of bubbles and coffee or tea with dessert. The menu changes, but think starters like mackerel, pork or goat cheese camembert, and mains like lamb shank or rosefish.
It's perfect for a surprise date idea in Amsterdam, or if you're looking to impress your visiting family!
- Red carpet boarding at Amsterdam Central Station
- Train ride from Amsterdam on the Green Heart route through the countryside
- Welcome drink
- Four-course dinner including a cup of coffee or tea with dessert
- Background information about the sights during the ride
- Photo op with the locomotive at the end or beginning of the journey
- Fine selection of wines and beers available for an extra cost
- Show your smartphone ticket at the Cheese Store of Henri Willig inside Central Station (Stationsplein 39, 1012 AB Amsterdam)
- You'll receive a keycard which gives you access to the platform. The train manager will await you on the platform, accompany you on board, and show you your table
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Getting to the Departure Point
Train, metro, bus, or tram to Amsterdam Central Station.
Dinner Options (Meat // Fish // Vegetarian - order your choice on the train)
- Starters: Marinated Pork belly with melon, radish and roasted leeks // Marinated mackerel with Amsterdam onion, melon and horseradish // Goat cheese camembert with honey and roasted leeks
- Soup: Vegetable consommé with Dutch spring vegetables
- Main course: Lamb shank with pearl barley, cauliflower purée, and a green herb beurre blanc // Rose fish with pearl barley, cauliflower purée, and a green herb beurre blanc // Pearl barley with zucchini, cauliflower purée, and a green herb beurre blanc
- Dessert: Typical Dutch dessert ‘Hague bluff’ + coffee or tea
For a dinner with a view, you can't beat watching the surrounding countryside spool by the window of your train car as you dine!