- Take a thrilling 5-D ride through Rome’s history
- Meet Romulus and Remus, Brutus and Caesar, Michelangelo and the Popes
- Stimulate your mind and your senses
- One ticket is good for two shows - "History of Rome" and "Ode to Life"
- Headsets have six language options (Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Russian)
A trip in the Time Elevator is light-hearted, thrilling, and surprisingly informative. From the founding of Rome to the modern day Eternal City, don't just learn about Rome's history: live it!
Just off Rome's famous shopping street - the Via Del Corso - the Time Elevator takes you on an exciting journey that involves all the senses. In just 45 minutes, this unique attraction whisks you through 3,000 years of Roman history.
Using stereoscopic, mechanical, and digital technologies, this immersive experience takes you to many key events in Rome's history including: the world of twin brothers Romulus and Remus; the plot to kill Julius Caesar; Michelangelo's struggle to create the fresco on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Using three large wide screens, language-calibrated individual headsets, mobile platforms with motion simulation, and incredible effects, you'll dash through 2750 years of history in less than an hour. Afterwards, Rome will never be the same.
Whether as a first activity to introduce Rome's history to your family, as an end-of-trip wrap-up, or just because you feel like it, the Time Elevator is a fun and family-friendly way to experience some of Rome's historical highlights. Also important to note: the time travel technology they use is totally safe, so there’s no chance of a Marty McFly-type crisis.
And if your appetite for time travel isn't sated after "History of Rome", your ticket is also good for "An Ode to Life". In this film you travel all the way back to the Big Bang (13.7 billion long years ago), and go through the evolution of life on Earth. You'll narrowly escape being a T-Rex's lunch, and spend time with primitive cavemen. As dangerous as it sounds, the Time Elevator has never left anyone in the past.
The Time Elevator leaves once an hour; don't get left behind.
Via dei Santi Apostoli 20
- The ticket lets you see one or two shows (depending on your choice) and is valid for the day of issue
- Present the ticket and a form of ID at the ticket office entrance and join the first available show (one every 1hr)
- Languages: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish and Russian for "History of Rome"
- Languages: Italian, English, French and German for “An Ode to Life”
- Digital Voucher accepted
- Metro A: Spagna station (5 mins walking)
- Bus: 71, 85