- Explore one of the world's greatest private art collections, amassed by Calouste Gulbenkian himself and with pieces ranging from Greco-Roman, to Islamic Orient, and the Far East
- Dive into an even bigger collection of contemporary Portuguese art, with over 10,000 works showcasing the best and brightest talent in the country
- Relax in the beautiful gardens, with dozens of winding pathways and beautiful water features – the perfect spot to relax and contemplate all the masterpieces you've just seen
The Calouste Gulbenkian Museum was established to foster new knowledge through art, science, and education. Mission accomplished! Immaculately designed with a delightful garden, the museum houses Calouste Gulbenkian's private collection in one building, as well as the world's largest collection of contemporary Portuguese art in a second building. It's a treat for the art-lover's senses.
Inside the museum's uber-stylish walls you'll experience thousands of years of art, from antiquity to the present day. Arranged chronologically, start with the Egyptians and Greco-Romans and move through Mesopotamia, the Islamic Orient, Armenia and the Far East.
Touchscreen info stations fill you in on the history and context while giving the art room to breathe, so feel free to explore at your own pace.
And when you've finished with all the paintings, sculpture, tapestry and furniture, make sure you leave time for a stroll in the garden! Designed in harmony with the building's architecture, the winding grinding pathways and sparkling water features are perfect for a spot of intellectual musing.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Founder's Collection (Av. de Berna 45A)
- Metro: Blue line to Praça de Espanha + 2-minute walk or yellow line to Campo Pequeno + 10-minute walk
Modern Collection (Rua Dr. Nicolau de Bettencourt)
- Metro: Blue or red line to São Sebastião + 5 minutes walking or blue line to Praça de Espanha + 5-minute walk
Philanthropist Calouste Gulbenkian amassed a private collection that's considered to be one of the world's finest. In his will, he ensured that it'd stay together and could be enjoyed for generations to come. Class.
Amazing Art Nouveau collection of pieces of jewellery by Rene Lalique.
This museum is really fantastic and you cannot missed up.
Ce musée est fantastique et vou ne devez pas le manquer.