Tickets for The Ara As It Was
The origins of Rome in a multi-sensorial experience!
- See an innovative Augmented Reality spectacular and have your perception totally challenged with immersive VR goggles!
- Learn the history of Rome and see the the Emperor Augustus and his family brought back to life
- Witness one of the most important and influential masterpieces of Roman art - the Ara Pacis
Get a grip on reality because you might lose it here! See the imperial family come to life through special effects and superimposing virtual elements in “The Ara as It Was" - one of the best things to see in Rome right now (through immersive VR goggles!).
In an incredible display of augmented reality you'll be flung headfirst into one of the most important and influential masterpieces of Roman culture - the Ara Pacis.
As part of the audience you'll perform a series of gestures and actions that will challenge your perception through immersive VR goggles! Watch the Emperor Augustus and his family come to life through narrating characters, virtual elements, and real life in a multi-sensory leap into the history of Rome.
Not to be missed!
- Entrance to the show
- VR headsets
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- From Piazza Venezia: Bus 87 to Lepanto, get off at Lungotevere Marzio. From there, about 500m walking
- From Termini Station: Metro A to Battistini, get off at Flaminio. From there, about 800m walking