Tickets for Centre Pompidou
A collection of modern art in one of Paris' most innovative buildings
- Explore the innards of an inside-out building that's considered one of the 20th century’s most radical high-profile architectural achievements
- Peruse Europe’s largest collection of modern and contemporary art and take in 20th-century masters like Picasso, Max Ernst, Kandinsky, Matisse, Man Ray and Francis Bacon
- The top floor looks out onto the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame Cathedral and Sacré-Coeur Basilica. They’re some of the best views of the city, and gazing out onto the rooftops of Paris is a wonderful experience
Much maligned when it first opened, it took people some time to realize that the Centre Pompidou wasn’t a monster, it was simply new. Radically new. It’s fitting that this rule-breaking building hosts so many iconoclastic modern masterpieces. Join the priority line and get right into a building that wears its innards on its exterior.
Slap bang in the middle of Paris, the Centre Pompidou is best described as a building turned inside-out. Utilitarian features like plumbing, air vents, and cables form part of the external façade and it’s all rendered in see-through glass.
That sets the stage for the groundbreaking art inside. Start on the top floor and take in the various isms: Fauvism, Expressionism, Cubism, Dadaism, and Surrealism, all laid out chronologically over the course of the 20th century. Along the way you’ll see works by Picasso, Man Ray, Chagall and many, many more.
From 1960 onwards, the works shift from Modern to Contemporary. Andy Warhol is the most recognizable name, but art by luminaries like Richard Hamilton, Dan Flavin and Louise Bourgeois will also make an impression.
The center also includes a vast public library, a research center for acoustics and music, and some of the best views of the city. Take in what you like, but don't miss a chance to visit the top floor and take in the Eiffel Tower and rooftops of the world's most romantic city.
- Use the Priority Entrance at Centre Pompidou, this will bring you straight to the security check point
- After the security check, skip the ticket purchase line, go straight to the museum and show your smartphone ticket
- Your tickets give you full access to all exhibitions, you may need to show them again at the control desks located on the upper floors
- Due to the success of the current exhibitions, wait times are longer than usual. These lines apply to all ticket holders, so please be patient
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Line 11, Rambuteau; Lines 1 and 11, Hôtel de Ville; Lines 1, 4, 7, 11 or 14, Châtelet
- RER: Line A, B or D, Châtelet-les Halles
- Bus: Line 29, 38, 47 or 75
Permanent collection is excellent
The avant- gard exhibition of Chagall was wonderful