Tickets for National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey
Get underwater without getting wet at this interactive undersea adventure
- The 90-minute walkthrough experience makes you feel like you’re deep in the Pacific Ocean
- Audience-responsive animation lets you play hide-and-seek with creatures of the deep
- Part of the experience is made of 8K photo-realistic screens with an omnidirectional soundscape that will immerse you in a marine ecosystem - without even getting wet!
This first of its kind experience uses cutting-edge effects to make you feel like you’re traveling through the Pacific Ocean, from the Solomon Islands to the California coast. As you walk through this innovative attraction you'll step around giant rays, wave in sync with biofluorescent flora, and come face-to-face with animals like great white sharks, sea lions, Humboldt squid, and humpback whales.
National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey is a unique mix of adventure, ground-breaking technology, and science. Guests are surrounded by the ocean as stunning visuals (designed by the teams behind Hugo and Game of Thrones) are projected onto an immersive set. The experience culminates with an awe-inspiring 8K photo-realistic grand finale inside a 40-foot dome and soundscape that will fully immerse you in a marine ecosystem - without even getting wet!
Best of all, the adventure is real; National Geographic teamed with marine biologist David Gruber to recreate his voyages through biofluorescent seas. The eerie blue-lit algae, haunting whale songs, and enormous beak-and-toothed monsters all actually exist. The post-experience section connects the visuals you've just experienced with the scientific study by conservationists.
Explore the far reaches of the Pacific - right in the heart of the Big Apple!
- Access to the venue
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- To make sure you have space and time to really enjoy this attraction, only a limited number of people are let in every 15 minutes. You'll be placed in the next available entry slot when you arrive
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Metro to 42nd Street - Times Square.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed in. Closed water bottles are permitted
- Photos are prohibited in the first half of Ocean Odyssey
If all that fish-watching leaves you craving sushi, Haru (on 43rd and Broadway) has the area's best lunch specials.