- Learn the medieval castle's history from your guide and see some ancient Roman excavations
- Roam the Armoury Hall, the Palatine or Saint Barbara Chapel, and the southern courtyard
- Soak up some of the best views in town from the building's terraces and windows
Join a guide and take a historic walk around this famous centre of culture which to this day still supports artists, doctors, and writers. See the awe-inspiring religious art, get amazing panoramic Naples views, and don't forget to look up at the Baron's Hall ceiling!
Construction on the mighty Naples staple known as Castel Nuovo (or Maschio Angioino) started in 1279 under the reign of Charles I of Anjou, back when the kingdom's capital moved from Palermo to Naples.
As you walk in the footsteps of medieval visitors on the external walkways between the towers, your guide will help you discover the Gold Tower's fortifications and show you some fascinating archaeological excavation sites from the Roman era.
On this tour you'll get exclusive access to the panoramic terrace. The castle is right on the stunning Naples seafront, which means some of the best views in town. Look out for the graceful peregrine falcon diving and gliding around at lightning speed. These winged VIPs made their nests in this prime location ages ago and love to swoop around tourists' heads!
- Skip-the-line entrance to Castel Nuovo
- 60-minute English guided tour
- Exclusive access to the panoramic terrace
- Entrance to the prisons (tickets available onsite for an extra fee)
- Entrance to the museum
Show your smartphone voucher at the info desk "NaplesTogether – Timeline" at the entrance to swap it for a paper ticket. There you'll also meet your guide.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.