Tickets for Florence Cathedral (Duomo di Firenze): Skip The Line + Guided Tour
Take a guided tour of Florence's famous duomo
- Skip the long, long line and step inside one of Italy's biggest and most famous churches!
- See the ancient workshop where Michelangelo carved his world famous statue of David, and amazing architectural triumphs from Arnolfo di Cambio, Giotto and Brunelleschi
- Feel special with a guided tour in English and get access to the Secret Terraces, not usually open to the public!
The dazzling Duomo is Florence’s largest and most important church. Officially dedicated to the Virgin Mary, this architectural landmark - featuring Filippo Brunelleschi’s eye-catching red-tiled cap - is a feat of engineering unmatched in Italy since ancient times. If you're in Florence, seize the chance to bypass the crowds, skip the line and get an English guided tour - plus access to the Secret Terraces!
The dome that crowns the Duomo reinvented not only architecture, but language too. The word 'dome' in English comes from this very vaulted roof. If you’re feeling adventurous, a trip to the top of the lantern guarantees an amazing view of Florence looking out, as well as a close-up peek of Giorgio Vasari’s Last Judgment frescoes on the inside.
Speaking of the inside, nothing prepares you for Florence’s Duomo when you first walk in. Your tour guide will explain the fascinating history and facts as you mouth the word 'wow' at architecture by the likes of Arnolfo di Cambio, Giotto, and Brunelleschi. You’ll also ogle at awe-inspiring ornamentation, from Paolo Uccello’s Funerary Monument to the 600-year old stained glass windows crafted by the likes of Donatello, Ghiberti and Andrea del Castagno.
Heading up to the Secret Terraces, over 30 meters from the ground, will put you in a maze of wonder. Walk the corridors, check out the views, and let your guide explain the significance of all that you see.
A visit to such lofty heights is not for the faint-hearted, but if you make it up the 463 steps you most definitely deserve a gelato afterwards! How's that for incentive?
DOME THE HATERS: Many of Brunelleschi’s contemporaries doubted that the one-time goldsmith could pull off his famed dome. Emboldened by his knowledge of mathematics and physics, Brunelleschi knew better. Completed in 1436, his iconic churchtop creation continues to stand strong.
- English-speaking guided tour
- Skip-the-line access (valid 48 hours) to the Cathedral complex, the Crypt, the Baptistery, Giotto's Campanile, Brunelleschi's dome and the Museum Opera del Duomo
- Exclusive access to Secret Terraces
- Tour starts at 14:30
- Show your smartphone ticket when you meet our guide, who holds a 'Ciao Florence' signboard
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Bus: C2, 6 or 11.
El guía trabajaba ahí por lo que recorrimos absolutamente todo el duomo incluida la cúpula
Ojo que está en Ingles el tour!