- Experience Amsterdam's spectacular canals from the water
- See the Anne Frank House, Westerkerk, Skinny Bridge and more
- Peruse 800 years of Dutch art and history in 8000 objects and 80 galleries
- Ponder Rembrandt’s masterwork, The Nightwatch, from up close
This ticket combines two of Amsterdam’s must-do activities and saves you time and money in the process. A canal cruise plus a Rijksmuseum ticket? That's a powerhouse of an Amsterdam day right there.
Amsterdam owes much of its elegance and charm to its world famous canals. The largest ones were built in the Dutch Golden Age of the 1600s, though the earliest ones date back to shortly after the city's founding.
Amsterdam is best appreciated while gliding over water and under bridges, and on this one-hour tour you’ll see iconic sites: cruising past the stately canal houses of merchants, seeing the Westerkerk and renowned Anne Frank House. You’ll go under the endearing Magere Brug (Skinny Bridge) and jaunt around the old port where you’ll see a remarkable replica of the Dutch East India Company’s 18th Century cargo ship Amsterdam.
On the boat you’ll be given your pass for the Rijksmuseum which means you’ll be able to avoid the ticket line there. It’ll be time better spent exploring the museum as there's more to see than you can ever expect to cover. Over 8,000 objects d’art, 5,000 paintings and, of course, Rembrandt’s masterpiece, The Night Watch. Or to give it its official title, Militia Company of District II Under The Command Of Captain Frans Banninck Cocq.
You’ll also find works by other Dutch Masters including Vermeer, and Frans Hals, as well as a large collection of 19th century works, early Renaissance works and other eclectic exhibits.
Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX
- Canal cruise ticket
- Rijksmuseum ticket
How to use your tickets
- Get in by showing your mobile voucher at the box offices of both attractions
- The cruise must be enjoyed on the date you selected when booking, but you can visit the Rijksmuseum on a different day!
Opening Hours Rijksmuseum
- Daily from 9:00 - 17:00
- Peak Times are between 11:00 and 15:00
Departure Times Cruise
- Every ± 25 minutes
- First departure: 10:00
- Last departure: 21:00 (December 1 - January 22: 16:00)
The Canal Cruise commentary was not as full or as good as I expected with a crowd of rowdy school pupils making it a distracting and slightly unpleasant experience.