- See the British flavors added by Henry Robert Cocker, one of the most famous landscape architects of the 20th century
- Witness a real labor of love conceived by a Scottish captain whose dream was to create an internationally respected botanic garden
- Walk in the woods and rest on lawns of Villa Taranto, member of the network Grandi Giardini Italiani, and step into the Herbarium Britannicum - home to a wide range of different herbs
Spend some time in the great outdoors at Villa Taranto on the Piedmont shore of Lake Maggiore. This is your ticket to surrounding yourself with greenhouses, terraced gardens, flower beds, herbaria, and over 20,000 botanical beauties.
Scottish captain Neil McEacharn originally purchased this land from the Marchesa di Sant'Elia in 1935, with the intention of creating a botanic garden.
He hoped to utilize the mild climate and stunning surroundings to create a place of beauty that people would travel internationally just to see. We think you'll agree that he succeeded.
The captain subsequently purchased adjacent land to keep his project growing, and what you see now is the result of a real labor of love.
Get back to nature with a walk in the woods, sniff thousands of colorful flowers, bask in the sun on the emerald green lawns, and skip some pebbles along the surface of the pond. Botanical enthusiasts will find themselves immersed in the impressive Herbarium Britannicum, home to a carefully tended collection of different species.
It's a real escape from the bustle of the city!
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket