Tickets for Kutná Hora & Bone Chapel Tour
Visit a chapel decorated with human bones
- Explore a UNESCO world Heritage site on this guided daytrip from Prague City center into the once powerful town of Kutná Hora
- Freak out in a chapel adorned with human bones and come to understand the labor of love that went into the creation of this ossuary in the 19th century
- Enjoy a scenic drive through stunning Bohemian countryside as your guide tells you about the fascinating and complex history of the area
One of the most popular tourist sites in the Czech Republic, this six hour round-trip guided tour takes you through lush Bohemian countryside, and to the once-mighty town of Kutná Hora. The gruesome highlight is undoubtedly the chapel at Kutná Hora, which is made of human bones. Yup, a chapel. Made of human bones.
The Old Town of Kutná Hora is a gorgeous UNESCO World Heritage site. At one point Kutná Hora's riches rivaled Prague's thanks to its silver mines. This guided tour will give you a better understanding of the history of Bohemia, and will also show you the most artfully arranged human bones you'll ever see.
Located beneath the Cemetery Church of All Saints, the Sedlec Ossuary is a chilling display of the skeletal fragments of 40,000-70,000 people. Let your tour guide explain how it came to be.
All Saints was a 13th century church that ran out of grave space but it wasn’t until 1870 that František Rint got creative with its contents. Here stands a chandelier made of every bone of the human body, over there, a column of skulls, and over there a coat of arms made of - what else? - arms.
Afterwards you'll board the bus back to Prague, in touch with the lush countryside, and the all-too fleeting nature of our own existence. Make sure to treat yourself to carpe the rest of your diem when you make it back to Prague. Life's too short for naps.
- All admissions
- Round-trip public transport
- Transport within Kutná Hora
- The Sedlec Ossuray (Bone Chapel), Saint Barbara’s Church, Hrádek, The Hussite Wars, Sankturin House, The Plague Column, Bohemia’s oldest Cistercian Monastery, St. James’ Church, The Italian Court, Royal Mint, Medieval, Ruthardska Street, The Jesuit College, Stone House and so much more!
Show your smartphone ticket at the meeting point, just off Old Town Square, at the Discover Prague Tour Office.
Le guide était très dynamique et intéressant.
Attention néanmoins, excursion à déconseiller aux personnes ayant des difficultés à se déplacer car pas mal de marche et pas toujours dans des endroits très faciles d'accès.