Tickets for French Wine Tasting + Oenology Museum
Dive deep into France's most famous product
- Visit a beautiful 18th-century wine cellar once used by the King of France, as you learn all the steps of the winemaking process, from grape to bottle
- Take the opportunity to taste a glass of great French wine the way it was meant to be tasted: in an underground cave, as a French person explains it to you
- Download the app (or borrow a tablet) and immerse all your senses in the experience. You'll look, smell, listen, touch, and of course ultimately taste the wine
- If you want to one-up a show-off neighbor (or impress a loved one), go the distance and, for an extra charge, bottle your own wine to bring home
France makes some mighty fine wine. And here, not far from the Louvre, is a cutting-edge wine experience in the original wine cellar of King Louis XV. If you love wine, this is a must in Paris. And if you know nothing about vino, this is a fun and non-intimidating way to get to know your Merlots from your Pinots.
Sometimes, you need to let the wisdom of the ancients guide your holiday plans. In this case, the Greek poet Homer waxed lyrical (perhaps after a couple glasses of 'grown up grape juice'):
"Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile."
He was right, but there's more to it than that; wine-making is a highly complex science, a delicate art, and a fascinating subject for an intro tour. The fact that this tour takes place in the 18th century cellar that King Louis XV's sommelier kept his Highness's fine wine selection lends added ambience.
But it's not some musty old cellar. The team at the French Wine Experience have created an interactive, multisensorial experience. Amazingly, even kids enjoy the interactivity and animations on offer here.
At the end of your five senses tour, depending on the option you chose, you can enjoy a glass (or two, or three) of French wine or Champagne. It's a perfect treat after a day of battling the crowds at The Louvre.
BURNING THE CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS: If you've picked up a bottle of wine, round out your souvenirs with a Cire Trudon candle from the gift shop. The king's sommelier was also his candle maker.
- Access to the venue
- Free interactive app (English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese and Simplified Mandarin)
- One or more glasses of wine or champagne (if selected)
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Metro: Line 1, Louvre-Rivoli; line 7, Pont Neuf
- RER A: Châtelet les Halles
- Bus: Line 58, Pont Neuf - Quai du Louvre
Ps, amazing how deep the caves go under Paris! Who would have thought?!
C.est tres interessant !
Nous laisse espérer voir un site autre.
Visite vraiment pour l'aventure de l'univers du vin seulement