- Visit a beautiful 18th century wine cellar once used by the King of France, as you learn all the steps of the winemaking process, from grape to bottle
- Take the opportunity to taste a glass of great French wine the way it was meant to be tasted: in an underground cave, as a French person explains it to you
- Download the app (or borrow a tablet) and immerse all your senses in the experience. You'll look, smell, listen, touch, and of course ultimately taste the wine
- If you want to one-up a show-off neighbor (or impress a loved one), go the distance and, for an extra charge, bottle your own wine to bring home
France makes some mighty fine wine. And here, not far from the Louvre, is a cutting-edge wine experience in the original wine cellar of King Louis XV. If you love wine, this is a must in Paris. And if you know nothing about vino, this is a fun and non-intimidating way to get to know your Merlots from your Pinots.
Sometimes, you need to let the wisdom of the ancients guide your holiday plans. In this case, the Greek poet Homer waxed lyrical (perhaps after a couple glasses of 'grown up grape juice'):
"Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile."
He was right, but there's more to it than that; wine-making is a highly complex science, a delicate art, and a fascinating subject for an intro tour. The fact that this tour takes place in the 18th century cellar that King Louis XV's sommelier kept his Highness's fine wine selection lends added ambience.
But it's not some musty old cellar. The team at the French Wine Experience have created an interactive, multisensorial experience. Amazingly, even kids enjoy the interactivity and animations on offer here.
At the end of your five senses tour, depending on the option you chose, you can enjoy a glass (or two, or three) of French wine or Champagne. It's a perfect treat after a day of battling the crowds at The Louvre.
BURNING THE CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS: If you've picked up a bottle of wine, round out your souvenirs with a Cire Trudon candle from the gift shop. The king's sommelier was also his candle maker.
How to use your tickets
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance.
- Visit to the wine cellar of the King of France
- Free interactive app (English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese and Simplified Chinese)
Option in addition to visit
- 1 glass of wine
- 3 glasses of wine
- 1 glass of champagne
- 2 glasses of champagne
Metro: Line 1, Louvre-Rivoli; line 7, Pont Neuf
RER A: Châtelet les Halles
Bus: Line 58, Pont Neuf - Quai du Louvre
To get more out of your visit download the free interactive app 'The French Wine Experience - Explore Wine in Paris' from the App Store or the 'Wine in Paris' app on Google Play. The interactive app allows you to explore the unique underground cellars of the Kings of France. It'll spike your interest for wine, test your senses and increase your knowledge.
Ps, amazing how deep the caves go under Paris! Who would have thought?!
Nous laisse espérer voir un site autre.
Visite vraiment pour l'aventure de l'univers du vin seulement