Tickets for Italian National Antarctic Museum
Explore the continent of Antarctica, in Italy!
- See artifacts found during Antarctic expeditions and learn about the scientific research being carried out by the University of Genoa
- Learn how humans have adapted to living in Antarctica, the continent's marine ecology and the study of the hole in the ozone layer
- Follow the steps of the researchers with interactive exhibitions and thrilling video footage
It might be 15,368 km from Genoa to Antarctica, but that shouldn't stop you from getting to know more about Earth's coldest, windiest, and most remote continent. At the Italian National Antarctic Museum you'll see artifacts from expeditions on the world's harshest continent, learn about scientific research findings, and see how (and why) some humans choose to live down there among the penguins!
If you've ever gazed in wonder at photos of Shackleton's adventures, or just dreamed of exploring the world's whitest, coldest continent, The National Museum of Antarctica (Museo Nazionale dell’Antartide) in Genoa is well worth a look.
The museum opened in 1998 in Genoa's Old Port area. Its intriguing collections cover biology, geology, and glaciology (yes, that's really a thing), plus videos and footage from the Italian base will show you what researchers have discovered out there on their expeditions.
All these interactive displays and artifacts will make you want to book your Antarctic cruise even more... but don't forget to see the rest of Genoa first!
Show your smartphone voucher at the C-way welcome desk at the entrance of the Genoa Aquarium at Ponte degli Spinola. You'll then be given a paper ticket for the nearby Antarctic Museum.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Any metro to San Giorgio or Darsena
- Bus: 1, 9, 32 or 635 to Caricamento/Acquario
- April, May & August: 10:00 - 18:00 (last admission at 17:30)
- All other months: Tue - Sun, 10:00 - 18:00 (last admission 17:30)
- November - February: The museum is closed from 13:00 - 14:00 on Sat, Sun & holidays