- Over 450 works by Salvador Dalí, one of the most talented, imaginative - and eccentric - artists of the modern era
- Featuring drawings, illustrated books, sculptures and objects, as well as reports, texts, and films provide insights into the artistic practice and inspirations of Dalí himself
- So-called Dalí Scouts are on hand every day to offer visitors almost hourly guided tours of the exhibition
Dalí is well-known for his melting clocks, but the influential Spanish surrealist was a prolific artist, with a wide-range of artistic practices, who plumbed his own subconscious to fuel his work. He was so confident about the transparency of his artistic practice that he would invite art viewers to “come into my brain”.
With over 450 pieces from around the world, 'Dalí - The Exhibition At The Potsdamer Platz' offers a comprehensive look at one of the 20th century's most influential artists.
In his art, Salvador Dalí's aim was no less than to "completely discredit the world of reality". He may not have achieved that exactly, but his brilliant and bizarre works (and eccentric public appearances) have had a profound effect on art and popular culture.
An artistic forefather to Andy Warhol, Lady Gaga, and Marina Abramović, Dalí's influence can be felt everywhere. Sure, nobody else has driven a Rolls-Royce stuffed to the brim with cauliflower to the Sorbonne to deliver a lecture, but by pushing the boundaries, Dalí made so much more space possible for people to express themselves (through vegetable accumulation, and otherwise).
This permanent exhibition showcases not just Dalí the painter - it also includes drawings, lithographs, etchings, woodcuts, sculptures, illustrated books, graphics documents and other supporting texts. So yes, there are plenty of ways to get to know one of the most ingenious and eccentric artists of modern times. Wax your moustache, grab some cauliflower, and prepare to enter the world (and brain!) of Dalí.
Leipziger Platz 7, 10117
- Show your mobile tickets at the entrance and get right in!
- Take the S1/S2/S25 or U2 Potsdamer Platz
Ohne Probleme sofort reingekommen.