- Skip the long lines and get special access to some of the attractions
- Be guided through the history and meaning of some of the the world’s finest art and architecture including Michelangelo's famous Sistine Chapel masterpiece
- End your tour in St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter’s Square, designed by Bernini
The Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica are full of artistic and historical treasures by some of the world's greatest artists. This guided tour shows you what you want to see, and gives you all the details you need to really appreciate the experience.
This tour is the best way to get the most out of your time at the Vatican. Limited to just 12 people, this experience takes you through the galleries of the museums - and on to the basilica - in the company of an insightful, private guide.
Vatican City is a very small country - just 44 hectares - but it is absolutely chock-full of incredible art, architecture and stories. Having a knowledgeable guide can make the difference between 'checking it off your list' and really gaining an appreciation of it.
You'll also receive fast track entrance to the Vatican Museums, saving you valuable time. Your museums experience includes the statue of Laocoön, the Apollo del Belvedere, the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of Maps, and of course, the Sistine Chapel, with Michelangelo's renowned frescoes. During this tour, your guide will be the storyteller, focusing your attention on the most interesting works, and bringing their meaning and creation to life.
After the Sistine Chapel you'll carry on to Saint Peter’s Basilica through special access. Here you'll see masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s Pietá (as well as being a genius, he was relentlessly productive!), and Bernini’s Baldachinno over the High Altar.
After hearing about the construction of the basilica and marveling at the artworks inside, your tour will end in Saint Peter’s Square, where you can get a stunning view of the basilica.
At this point, you'll no doubt be ready for a break, and there are a number of cafés in the area where you can sit down and talk about how your mind was blown by the Renaissance masterpieces you just got up close to.
- Skip the line entrance ticket to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Authorised English speaking guide for the entire tour
- Dedicated voucher exchange service
Meet your guide outside of Giuly’s Cafè, Via Santamaura 3, across from the Vatican Museums entrance. The guide will have a Together in Rome sign. The tour leaves at 9:45* - latecomers will miss out!
Mandatory Dress Code
- No shorts, or low-cut or sleeveless tops, for men or women
- Knees and shoulders must be covered
- If you don't adhere to the dress code, you may be denied entrance
Line A, Stations: Ottaviano - S.Pietro-Musei Vaticani; Cipro (it's a 10 minute walk from either station).
- Nr.19, Piazza del Risorgimento (5 minute walk)
- Nr.49, stops in front of the Museums Entrance.
- Nr.32, 81, 982, Piazza del Risorgimento, end of the line (5 minute walk).
- Nr. 492, 990, Via Leone IV / Via degli Scipioni (5 minute walk).
- Closed on: Wednesdays, Sundays and Holidays
Rachele was an amazing guide! Her knowledge of the Vatican was awesome!
Wij zijn zeer goed begeleid met duidelijke uitleg. Zonder gids zou ik deze excursie niet begrepen hebben en met de aanwezige drukte hebben wij de lange wachtrij mooi kunnen ontlopen. Al met al een must have bij een bezoek
Es impresionante la riqueza y exuberancia en la decoración que posee la iglesia católica.
Mooie rondleiding dankzij Alberto die met zijn humor en kalmte alle italiaanse hectiek weet te omzeilen.