- Skip the line and get in first to the choo-choo action without the queues and crowds, and discover the Netherlands' 175-year-old train history
- Visit the Techlab and learn how trains work via fun, interactive exhibits, and head to Grandpa Harry's special attic for 1930s memorabilia
- See locomotives, train sets and carriages, luxury people movers and even trains that transported sheep
Descend 250 meters in an elevator and climb out in the early 19th-century at the Railway Museum Utrecht. Explore a collection of locomotives, carriages, steam engines and even train sets, learn about the Netherlands' train history and little ones can play on the interactive exhibits! Calling all trainspotters!
The Railway Museum Utrecht is dedicated to living the life locomotive in the late 18th and early 19th-century! It's a fully interactive adventure for trainspotters young and old.
Step into the carriage once used by the royal family. Ride Fire Test, a virtual journey through two whole centuries of track history!
Take the kids to the Techlab, where they can learn how trains worked - then and now - via fun, interactive exhibits.
The Steam Theatre hosts daily performances based in the world of the Orient Express, and steamworker Grandpa Harry's special attic is packed with 1930s memorabilia!
This is the perfect way to 'train' your kids to appreciate the railways more.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Special train (commuter train, 'pendeltrein') from Utrecht Centraal to Utrecht Maliebaan. OV Chipcard is accepted in this train. The museum is inside Maliebaan Station
- Bus: QBuzz 8 from Utrecht CS in the direction of Wilhelminapark, get off at Maliebaan
- Bus: Lines 52, 77, 74 or 28 to Stadsschouwburg + 10 minutes walking
Take the pendeltrain from Utrecht Centraal to the Spoorwegmuseum (and back again at the end of your visit). Your transit pass or (OV chipcard) will work just fine!
Lots of activities for visitors of all ages.
Nice café and shop.
Het is zeer zeker de moeite waard deze museum te bezoeken voor jong(er) en oud(er).
Het is leerrijk en heel veel te zien en te beleven.
Echt AANBEVELINGS waardig.