- Try your hand at an important Japanese tradition and find out why calligraphy is so much more than artistic writing
- Learn how the ritual of penning ink is related to the search for inner balance and harmony through meditation and zen
- Create your own name in Japanese calligraphy with help from your bilingual instructor, and keep it as a souvenir!
Feel the ancient roots of the far east taking shape on paper with a lesson in calligraphy by a professional, English and Japanese-speaking instructor.
This 60-minute calligraphy class will have you feeling like a real scribe! Learn how words can also be an art form and uncover the story and a meaning behind each ancestral character. Find out how meditation and zen go hand-in-hand with the practice. At the end of the class, you can take home your own uniquely-designed name in calligraphy.
- Show your smartphone ticket to the guide at the information center of the Tokyo Tower
- Make sure to be on time for your selected class
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Kimono Wearing Experience
Try on a traditional Japanese kimono and get the chance to wear a sword!
Origami and Furoshiki Workshop
Learn two traditional Japanese arts in one day with this fun workshop
Sushi Workshop & Lunch
Make and eat delicious sushi right by the famous Tokyo Tower
Tokyo Tea Ceremony
Brew your own matcha and learn about an important Japanese tradition
Japanese Sweets Workshop
Satisfy your sweet tooth in Tokyo by making traditional treats
Sushi Workshop & Sushi Party in a Private Home
Learn to make delicious sushi in a Japanese home