- Explore a fascinating Italian history written in the halls and walls of the Fortress of Montepulciano
- Take in the spectacular scenery of Tuscany from the tower and see why the castle was squabbled over for centuries
- See real drawings from Leonardo da Vinci in a spellbinding exhibit that showcases his genius
Fancy yourself a bit of a Renaissance man/woman? Experience a brush with genius at the Leonardo da Vinci exhibition in the Fortress of Montepulciano. See genuine drawings from the Italian master in a beautiful castle overlooking the charming town of Montepulciano and the Tuscan countryside. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon!
The Fortress of Montepulciano is (as you might expect) a fortified castle in the charming heart of Montepulciano, in the green heart of Tuscany.
Explore the Leonardo da Vinci. Anatomy: machines, man, nature exhibition, which highlights one of the most innovative aspects of da Vinci's genius. The idea that machines, human bodies, and nature, are all governed by the same universal laws was an extraordinarily prescient idea at the time. Leave it to Leonardo to be ahead of the curve!
A series of masterful drawings will take you on a tour inside the mind of this timeless genius. The exhibition is divided into different sections dedicated to machine anatomy, human body studies, geology, and architecture - all tied together by the central idea of universal laws of motion and structure.
- Access to the Fortress of Montepulciano
- Access to the exhibition Leonardo da Vinci. Anatomy: machines, men, nature
Show your smartphone ticket at the Bookshop - Ticket Office of the Montepulciano Fortress and enjoy your visit.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
With spectacular views over the rolling hills of Tuscany, it is no wonder the castle was once subject to a firey tug-of-war between Florence and Sienna in the 14th century. Today it's a cultural center, but the scenery is still to die for!