- Get a return trip ticket for the Angel Island ferry, which runs regularly throughout the day
- Check out the military garrisons and relics of war, or take a nature walk
- Fill yourself with history and visit the newly-restored Immigration Station!
Take the Angel Island ferry and spend some time at one of the Bay Area's most interesting historic sites. Check out the military garrisons, visit the newly-restored Immigration Station, and get amazing views of the San Francisco skyline.
The views from Angel Island, also known as the 'Ellis Island of the West', are some of the best around! Soak up the expansive 360° panoramas of the San Francisco skyline, the Marin Headlands, and Mount Tamalpais.
The Angel Island ferry runs regularly, offering a day of fun and history in a California State Park, wildlife preserve, and one of the Bay Area's most historic sites. It was here that the Angel Island Immigration Station operated from 1910 to 1940, and where immigrants entering the United States were detained and interrogated.
Walk around the military garrisons and compounds from every major war, including the Civil War. You can even visit the newly-restored Immigration Station! Don't worry, there's no chance of being detained anymore. You'll be allowed back onto the ferry for a scenic return crossing.
- Present your smartphone voucher at the Blue & Gold Box Office located at PIER 39
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the desired departure time. Tickets will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Departure from PIER 41:
- Mon-Fri: 09:45, 11:24 & 13:45
- Sat & Sun: 09:45, 11:25 & 13:45
Departure from Angel Island:
- Mon-Fri: 10:20, 12:00, 14:20 & 16:35
- Sat & Sun: 10:20, 12:00, 14:20 & 16:55
- Angel Island: Mon-Fri, 10:10, 11:50 & 14:10; Sat & Sun, 10:10, 11:50 & 14:10
- PIER 41: Mon-Fri, 11:10, 12:45, 15:05 & 17:05; Sat & Sun, 11:10, 12:45, 15:10 & 17:25
Escape from the Rock: Bay Cruise
Cruise through the history of Alcatraz, from escape attempts to infamous inmates
San Francisco to Tiburon: Roundtrip Ferry
Take a scenic ferry ride to the town of Tiburon and back