St. Peter's Basilica & Dome: VIP Experience
No lines for church and dome, plus audio guide!
- Bypass the notoriously long lines to St. Peter's Basilica, get VIP access to the dome (including elevator to its base) and overall have a smoother experience at the Pope's home church
- Learn more about the history, art, and symbolism and with your included audio guide (available in 10 languages)
- See Michelangelo's Pietá, Bernini's Baldacchino, and a collection of exquisite mosaics
See St. Peter's Basilica and get up to the dome in the best way possible. This ticket (exclusive to Tiqets) lets you skip the painfully long lines - both in front of the basilica and for the elevator partway up to the dome. Plus, your audio guide fills you in on the noteworthy aspects and history. See priceless art and architecture, breathtaking panoramas, and feel like a king (or Pope), in the finest church in Christendom.
St. Peter's Basilica is one of the most revered shrines in Christianity. And this ticket is the best way to see it. Get skip the line access, plus an escort to guide you to pick up your audio guides, and get into the dome elevator.
St. Peter's Basilica is one of the most remarkable buildings in the world - did you know it took 120 years to build and 14 different people - including Michelangelo, Raphael, and Bernini - were lead architect? You'll learn all about the history, symbolism, and art from your audio guides as you bask in the majesty of this enormous church. Plus you'll get access to the magnificent dome.
This visit, exclusive to Tiqets, will let you have the best experience possible inside (and up on top of) St. Peter's Basilica.
- Access to the basilica
- Entrance to the Dome
- Elevator to the first level of the Dome
- Interactive postcard with Vatican stamp
- 2 audio guides (one for the Basilica and one for the Dome)
- Earphones (bring your own or purchase them at the desk for €1 each)
- Basilica entrance ticket (entrance to the church is free)
- Meet our representative at the meeting point, which is - facing the Basilica - on the right side, outside St. Peter's Square and in front the Vatican Post Office
- Your representative will be wearing a blue jacket with the 'Vox Mundi' logo on it. Show them your smartphone ticket
- Don't be late! Basilica entry is timed, so all visitors must arrive at meeting point 15 minutes before the stated time; guests arriving late can be accommodated on another date, but tickets are non-refundable
Staff were very polite and efficient. They even complained to the security staff for being slow! Free audio guide was good, and the lift for the first 100 odd steps to the Dome. Brilliant views, well worth the climb.
We wanted to visit St.Peter's Basilica in the morning and wanted to visit Dome in the evening but we could not separate St.Peter's Basilica visit & Dome visit,
1st they let you visit Dome then Basilica ! Now Listen carefully ! Attentively !
people those are in hurry or excised need to calm down while going up ! i saw loads of people could not make at the top of dome because they were going so fast on stairs ! be slow and go up nicely ! it take maximum 15 minutes to 20 minutes if you take few breaks while going up ! and i would definitely recommend to take few breaks while going up ! there is some space on every turn or every curve where you can stand up or in front of windows and sit down or have some rest ! i have seen women above 60+ and men above 60+ going up in calm way and i met them on top ! while coming down its fun nothing , its very easy to come down.
I visited in the month of July 2017 , it was very hot day , make sure you have water before going up , 1st lift take you up then you go by stairs , if you go slowly its better for you if you go fast you get tired and might come back as i seen many people out of breath and could not make to the top of the DOME !
when lift take up on 1st floor its amazing work on walls with small stones pictures it looks painting but its not painting , then you can see a cafe as well for ice cream or some snacks , then you can go up or while coming down you can have some break in cafe ,
On top of Dome its very nice views and cold fresh air as well, we stayed there almost 2 hours and we enjoyed on top of Dome ! we took loads of videos and Pictures ! make sure before going up you use toilet and have sufficient stock of water !
then we come down and had rest in cafe on 1st floor then we used lift and come on ground floor to view in side church !
I cannot express my feeling how beautiful is the church is inside ! everywhere you glance you find a master piece ! so beautiful ! inside the dome look so beautiful , then you can sit down and can listen their ceremonies , we went in the basement as well where all pops had been buried , loads of graves underground , so much to view ! i found peace while sitting there and viewing all church area , i spent almost 3 to 4 hours inside the Basilica and took loads of pictures and videos ,
its prohibited to take pictures and videos but everybody was taking pictures and videos lol it was so funny that people were taking pictures and videos in front of/ or next to security people and security men were not saying anything , they were polite or may be they give up lol , you need whole day to view St.Peter's Basilica and Dome !
At Last Thanks to Tiqets.com who helped me to make this beautiful visit successful through telephonic help line as well as email helpline !