- Explore Denmark's waterside wonder and see thousands of species from around the world
- Track down the big five: sea otters, hammerhead sharks, arapaima, giant Pacific octopuses and stingrays
- Learn from expert staff and watch feeding times including sharks, piranhas, sea otters and more
Seven million liters of water and over 400 ocean, lake and river species on show. You're set for an otterly wonderful time!
Have you heard of the brownbanded bamboo shark? The Atlantic goliath grouper? How about the redbelly yellowtail fusilier? They're just some of the thousands of unique sea dwellers you'll encounter at The Blue Planet, Denmark's national aquarium.
The experience is so much more than just staring through the glass. Denmark's whirlpool-shaped national aquarium contains various zones replicating environments around the world. Meet the otters of the north and the armored predators of the world's tropical rivers and lakes – there's loads to see.
Look out for interactive talks and feeds. Learn about the creepy crawlies of the rainforest, watch piranhas devour their lunch, and gaze at the vibrant inhabitants of the colorful coral reef as they enjoy their evening meal.
Looking for something a bit bigger? Check out the hammerhead sharks, stingrays and a rather clever giant Pacific octopus that can unscrew jam jar lids!
- Scan your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- Please note: Scanning doesn't work on all smartphones, please ask a staff member for assistance if you have any problems
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Animal encounters and a guided tour in Danish (Mondays only) are available onsite for an extra fee.
Take a while to view the aquarium from the outside – the Danes are rather proud of their whirlpool-inspired Blue Planet. It was awarded 'best building' at the prestigious World Architecture Festival, so it must be a looker!