- Skip the line to Asisi Panorama: Die Mauer (The Wall) - just steps from Checkpoint Charlie - and experience the divided city of Berlin in 1980s. It wasn't long ago, but is a world away from the current reality of this fun and funky city
- Listen to now-obscure politicians debate the building of the wall, and hear JFK’s iconic "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech from 1963, as the wall appears all around you
- A separate photo exhibit documents the before-and-after moments of the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and the euphoria that arose in Berliners everywhere.
The world has fortunately moved on, but the ideologies that divided the world for most of the 20th century found their physical form in Berlin. Asisi Panorama: Die Mauer (The Wall) lets you step back in time to 1980s Berlin, and experience the feeling of living in the shadow of the Berlin Wall. Skip the line that can gather around this popular attraction and walk up above the wall. Watch a day unfold in this surreal city, bisected by a cement barrier.
Walk into the custom-built rotunda on the site of the infamous Checkpoint Charlie, and enter Asisi Panorama: Die Mauer (The Wall). This exhibition, the work of artist Yadegar Asisi, puts you right into the center of 1980s Berlin.
Specifically, you'll be 5 meters back from western side of the infamous Berlin Wall, 4 meters up, looking into East Berlin. See how different life was in the East, just a stone's throw from where you stand. The use of sophisticated lighting gives the feeling of a full day, as circumstances change, and day turns to night, under the watchful eye of the guard towers.
When the wall came down in November 1989, it was accompanied by an outpouring of euphoria. A room here is dedicated to that event, so you too can experience the joy - not just of a world city being made whole again - but of the passing of the Cold War era.
- Skip the line admission ticket to Asisi Panorama: Die Mauer (The Wall)
- Free short tour in English (Thursday) and German (Saturday)
Show the mobile ticket on your smartphone
- Metro: M29 (U-Bahn Kochstraße / Checkpoint Charlie) and M48 (U-Stadtmitte/Leipziger Straße)
- U-Bahn: U6 (Kochstraße / Checkpoint Charlie U-Bahn station) and U2 (Stadtmitte)
Le panorama est impressionnant et les enfants ont eu l'impression de laisser une trace sur le mur, extra!