Tickets for Strauss and Mozart Christmas Concert
Vienna’s rich musical tradition brought to life
- Explore the refined location where Johann Strauss first made a name for himself as a performer and composer. Built in the Italian Renaissance style, the Kursalon is an opulent and stately building that dates to the 1800s
- Enjoy a cosy winter's evening as an orchestra rhapsodies you with Strauss and Mozart’s jauntiest favorites like A Little Night Music and The Blue Danube
- Pay homage to Mr. Strauss himself by visiting the golden statue of him that adorns the delightful gardens. It’s probably the most photographed monument in Vienna
Picture an impossibly elegant European concert hall. It’s in Vienna, Europe’s most refined city, and as it’s Christmas time you might have a snow-capped vista to gaze upon. Add in the dulcet, dancing tones of Mozart and Johann Strauss and you’ll understand why this concert series sells out far in advance. It’s special.
The whole evening belongs in a period movie. The setting is the 19th century opulence of the Kursalon, and music is provided by the masters of chamber music, Salonorchester Alt Wien. They play such jaunty favorites as Champagne Gallop and A Little Night Music, and are accompanied by two opera singers and two ballet dancers. Should you like to dine first, Restaurant Johann offers you a choice of 3 and 4 course meals.
And to top it off, you should know that this is where Johann Strauss first performed and made his name. It's not just elegant, but historic too.
How to use your tickets
Go to the main cash desk and swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket.
- The VIP category includes a VIP seat in the 1st or 2nd row, a glass of sparkling wine in the concert interval, a Johann Strauss CD and a concert programme
Good to know
- Metro: Line U4 to Stadtpark; Line U3 to Stubentor or Landtraße; Line U1 or U2 to Karlsplatz
- Tram: Line 2 to Johannesgasse; line 71 or D to Schwarzenbergplatz