- A 4-course dinner in the opulent surroundings of Vienna City Hall - what better way to ring in the new year?
- Official opening ceremony by the dancing school, plus brilliant performances of Viennese arias, duets and ballet
- A New Year’s Eve countdown on the grand balcony complete with midnight fireworks, a midnight waltz and traditional Austrian snacks
What could be better than spending New Year’s Eve 2016 in one of the most beautiful and historic buildings in Vienna? We'll tell you what: enjoying a gala opening, a 4-course dinner, a fabulous musical program (including Austrian opera, a midnight waltz and theatrical show) and all the drinks you can handle on top). That's what. Oh, and fireworks!
This is basically the chance for you to be the star of your own sweeping period romance. It opens on the elegance of a candlelit ballroom in Vienna City Hall. The music comes up: it's traditional waltzes of the Wiener Hofball Orchestra and the live band Midnight Spirits, as you and your dance partner(s) move to classic dance hits from the 50s to today.
Then, your 4-course dinner in this exclusive location. It's a magnificent feast for the senses and fodder for a thousand jealous Instagram 'likes'.
And then, in the climactic finale, you ring in the new year with bubbly toasts on the grand balcony at midnight, as fireworks explode over the Gothic spires of the Austrian capital.
As the credits roll, your movie won't be over: in fact, your 2017 will already have gotten off to an incredible start!Ticket Categories
Category VIP: A table (rows 1-3) reservation in the ballroom (Festive Hall), VIP check-in, a 4-course gala dinner, a welcome cocktail, sparkling wine, red and white wine, beer, non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water and a traditional Viennese goulash soup shortly after midnight.
Category A & B: A table (rows 4-6 & 7-10) reservation in the ballroom (Festive Hall), a 4-course gala dinner, a welcome cocktail, red and white wine, beer, non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water and a glass of sparkling wine and a traditional Viennese goulash soup shortly after midnight.
Category C: A table reservation in the adjacent North Wing with access to the ballroom, red and white wine, beer, non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water and a glass of sparkling wine and a traditional Viennese goulash soup after midnight.
Category Gallery: A table reservation on the Festive Hall’s upper floor, 4-course gala dinner, welcome cocktail, red and white wine, beer, non alcoholic drinks, mineral water, plus a glass of sparkling wine and a traditional Viennese soup at midnight.New Year’s Eve Program
- 19:00 - Admission and welcome drink
- 20:00 - 4-course dinner
- 21:45 - Admission for Category C guests
- 22:15 - Gala opening
- 23:15 - Show (highlights of Viennese Operettas (arias, duets and 3 ballet pairs)
- 00:00 - New Year ring-in with fireworks
- 00:05 - Midnight Waltz
- 00:15 - Traditional midnight snack
- 02:30 - End of the ball
Lichtenfelsgasse 2, 1010, Vienna, Austria
- Ticket for Category VIP, or Category A & B, or Category C or Category Gallery, plus everything mentioned in your category.
How to use your ticket
Exchange your mobile ticket at the Kursalon box office for a printed ticket * Address: Kursalon Vienna, Johannesgasse 33, 1010 Vienna
- There are two staircases to the gallery but no elevator
- Wear an evening dress or tuxedo/dark suit.
Smoked salmon tartare with avocado, keta caviar, walnut mayonnaise and cress. Marinated Jerusalem Artichoke with prunes.
Cubes of corn-fed chicken braised with wine, in small puff pastry. Vegetable ragout in tomato confit, in small puff pastry.
Tender pink roasted fillet of beef with one king prawn, grilled vegetables and potato soufflé. Kohlrabi-radicchio-risotto with pearl barley and grana shavings.
Desert: Vanilla-curd cheese soufflé, coated with sweet wine sabayon and berries
Coffee: Coffee with mixed mini-chocolates
After midnight: Traditional Viennese goulash soup shortly after midnight