- See the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel - before they open to the public!
- Visit three of the most storied and religious places in the world - in one day! Vatican Museums, Vatican Gardens, and Castel Gandolfo. You'll get an audio guide for all three!
- The papal summer residence in Castel Gandolfo has only been open to the public since 2014, and tickets are limited
This highly exclusive tour is undoubtedly the best way to make the most of the Vatican. From early morning (before opening time) access to the Vatican Museums, all the way through to touring the once-private Gardens of the Pontifical Villas in Castel Gandolfo. This is a very special (and limited) opportunity.
As an official partner of the Vatican, Tiqets has these exclusive tickets to get you exclusive access.
Start your special Saturday with a semi-private early morning visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, followed by an audio-guided walking tour of the Vatican Gardens.
Afterward, you'll depart from the Vatican Train Station (!) and take a train ride through the Italian countryside to Castel Gandolfo, a lakeside town that looks right out of a fairy-tale. It's also where the pope's summer residence is.
Then hop on a shuttle to the Pontifical Villas. If you were impressed with the size of the Vatican Gardens, wait until you see the pope's 'summer house'. You'll get an audio-guided bus tour of the gardens, plus free time to walk, eat, and shop in this exclusive area.
If you want the deluxe experience, get the tickets for the Apostolic Palace - you'll get into the pope's home-away-from-home, designed by legendary architect Carlo Maderno.
At the end of the day, you'll get a train back to Rome, where it will all begin to feel like a dream.
08:00: Tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel + audio guide
10:00: Tour of the Vatican Gardens + audio guide
11:00: Train from the Vatican station to Albano Laziale and transfer to the Pontifical Villas by shuttle
12:30: Tour of the Gardens of the Pontifical Villas by eco-friendly bus + audio guide (if you booked the tour of the Apostolic Palace, you'll do it first)
13:30: End of the tour and exit from the Gardens of the Pontifical Villas
17:10: Meeting at Castel Gandolfo's train station
17:24: Departure from Castel Gandolfo
18:39: Arrival at St. Peter’s Station (Rome)
- Entrance to Vatican Museums, Vatican Gardens and Gardens of the Pontifical Villas
- Audio guide for the Vatican Museums, Vatican Gardens, and Gardens of the Pontifical Villas
- Roundtrip by train from the Vatican to Castel Gandolfo
- Tour of the Gardens of the Pontifical Villas by eco-friendly transport
- Optional entrance to the Apostolic Palace (select at checkout)
- Food and drinks
How to use your tickets
Skip the lengthy lines by showing your mobile ticket to the Vatican guards at the entrance.
Dress code: Mandatory for all churches in Italy
- Knees and shoulders must be covered
- Low cut or sleeveless tops or shorts aren't allowed
- If you don't adhere to the dress code, you won't be allowed in
This is, quite simply, the best way to see the Vatican. There's nothing like getting into the Sistine Chapel before the crowds arrive. It's an early wake-up, but sooooo worth it!