Tickets for Opera: Sounds And Visions Of Caravaggio
Renaissance mastery in an elegant palazzo
- Enjoy a special guided tour of Doria Pamphilj Palace and see priceless artworks by Caravaggio, Bernini, Velàzquez, Tiziano, Raffaello in a collection dating back to the 16th century.
- Experience an exclusive classical music performance in the Halls of the Palace, featuring compositions by Frescobaldi, Caccini, Falconieri, Sanz, Arañes, Pretorius played on period Baroque instruments.
- Explore one of the most spectacular Renaissance-era buildings in Rome – don't miss the serene garden courtyard, it's a perfectly peaceful escape from the bustle of the city
The 'visions' are masterpieces of Renaissance art - including a great number of works by bad boy Caravaggio. The 'sounds' is a concert of live music played on authentic Baroque instruments. As you don't live in the 16th century, this is a truly unique experience.
The sounds and visions of Caravaggio include a guided tour of Doria Pamphilj Palace, the most prestigious private and ancient art gallery of Rome. The large collections of paintings, furniture, and statuary that are visible in the gallery have been assembled since the 16th century by the Doria Pamphilj, Landi and Aldobrandini families and are displayed in the state-rooms.
The collection has over 400 pictures including masterpieces by Caravaggio, Tiziano, Raphael, Bernini, Velàzquez and many others. This guided tour comes with enthralling live musical performance in the Halls of the Palace and a final concert in the superb 'Sala Giove' (Jupiter Hall).
- Entrance to the museum
- Guided tour in English of the Doria Pamphilj Gallery with an art historian
- Introduction to the musical program
- Live Baroque music on original instruments in some halls of the museum
- Final concert in the “Jupiter Hall”
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.