- Enjoy an evening full of 'magic' in the world's first black light theater produced and performed by an award-winning family theater troupe
- Get swept away by whimsical stories and surprising special effects. Funny and tender, the black light is used for some of the most unique storytelling you'll ever see!
- Enjoy a performance which will appeal to all ages – no dialogue means it's perfect for kids, but adults will be swept up in the wonder and magic as well!
Prepare for a magical night of theater that's truly unique! The world's first black light theater uses ultraviolet light to augment its performances with out-of-this-world special effects. With over 60 years' experience, the Srnec troupe has perfected their uncanny artform –so prepare for an evening of charming comedy and visual wonder that's quintessentially Czech. Encore!
Black light theater was pioneered by Jiří Srnec in the 1960s, and his family continues the tradition to this day! Mixing vaudevillian theater with puppetry and mime, the creators use custom blacklights to bring their stage to life. You won't believe your eyes, as inanimate objects fly around the room and interact with the charismatic cast.
It might seem like sorcery, but the 'trick' is very simple – the black light allows additional cast members to 'disappear' into the background, manipulating objects to make them float through the air. You have to see it to believe it, and you'll soon be swept up by 90 minutes of fantastical performances and whimsical skits.
Best of all, the show is completely dialogue-free, with a universal appeal that's accessible and understandable for all ages! So, if you're looking for something decidedly different and uniquely Czech, settle in for an evening of wonder and discovery!
Show your smartphone ticket at the box office of Srnec Theatre.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
The first performance by the Srnec troupe was at the 1962 Edinburgh Festival – so you can enjoy a real piece of history, back in their native Prague!