- Enjoy an evening full of 'magic' in the world's first black light theater. This is pure Czech sensibilities, and an award-winning theatrical troupe
- Get swept away by whimsical stories and surprising special effects. Funny and tender, the black light is used to support some of the most interesting storytelling you'll ever see
Black light theater (which was created here in Prague in this very theater) is one of the most visually arresting theatrical experiences you can have. Charming, romantic and hilarious stories are told, as brightly lit colorful objects appear and disappear again. All choreographed to music. Your brain won't believe your eyes, but you'll be swept up nonetheless.
Srnec theater was the world's first black light theater. So if you're wondering "Hmmm, what can I do in Prague in an evening that I can't do anywhere else?" This is your answer: you can see eye-popping black light theater in the very spot where it was invented(!)
As a bonus, black light theater is as traditionally Czech as Pilsner beer and words that are 80% consonants.
Black light theater uses ultraviolet light to create surprising effects. By having invisible actors move inanimate objects, those objects can interact with live actors, creating a visually engaging theatrical experience.
Breathtaking 'special effects' occur, and you'll be carried along by the delightful stories and fantastical surprises. Things like argumentative geese, physically abusive alarm clocks and uncooperative violins create a surprising and whimsical world.
This production, Antologia - the Best of Black Light Theatre, is about the history of this 53-year old Czech institution. The oldest scene Launderette, gets dusted off to show you the very genesis of black light theater.
Enjoy 90 minutes of some of the most delightfully original theater you can ever see. And as a bonus, it's a quintessentially Czech thing to do.
The original black light theater. A trip here means that for the rest of your life you can tell people "Yeah, that black light show was cool. But not as cool as when I was in Prague at the world's first black light theater..."
Palác Savarin, Na Příkopě 10, 110 00
- Address: Black Light Theatre Srnec, Palác Savarin, Na Příkopě 10, Praha 1 (2nd Courtyard of Palace Savari)
- Metro: All metrolines, stop Mùstek
- Tram: Náměstí republiky, Václavské náměstí
- Show the ticket on your smartphone at the Srnec Theater box office at least 30 minutes before showtime, so 19:30 at the latest.