Tickets for Palace of Versailles: Access All Areas + Fountain Shows or Musical Gardens
Explore the palace and see the Baroque gardens come to life with music
- See an unmissable UNESCO World Heritage Site that was the opulent backdrop of France’s history
- Explore the palace and see its stunning ballrooms, and see Marie Antoinette’s picture-perfect hamlet
- Meander the gardens to the sound of classical music, or catch fountain show set to royal rhythms
The word 'grandeur' is synonymous with Versailles – and just one look at this magnificent palace will tell you why. With this ticket, you can marvel at the palace's lavish interiors, explore Marie Antoinette’s hamlet, and top off the experience with access to the Musical Fountains Show or the Musical Gardens.
During its heyday as the French Royal Court, the palace accommodated up to 10,000 people. Each opulent room was designed to awe the highest ranks of visitors. This is evident in the Galerie des Glaces (Hall of Mirrors), a 75-meter long ballroom made entirely of mirrors.
The palace was also witness to global history – the Treaty of Versailles, which put an end to World War I, was signed here. Speaking of history, Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI (of guillotine fame) lived here. The queen was given her own little hamlet at the edge of the estate, which was modeled after the idyllic village of Chantilly.
For the pièce de résistance, bask in the royal gardens, complete with flowering plants, towering trees, winding pathways, Baroque fountains steeped in mysticism, and – of course – a 1.8-kilometer-long Grand Canal. You can catch the *Musical Fountains Show or the Musical Gardens (depending on the day you visit). The first show is a synchronized performance of water set to classical music, while the latter lets you wander through the gardens with a royal court-approved soundtrack dancing through the air.
Currently undergoing a €400 million restoration program which is slated for completion in 2020, some of Versailles may be clad in scaffolding when you visit. But, don't let that put you off seeing the world’s most spectacular palace, laden with opulence, history, and priceless artworks.
- Show your smartphone ticket at entrance 'A'
- Some fountains may be closed or shows may stop earlier than others, please double check exact schedules with an agent upon arrival
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- 1 April - 31 October: 07:00 - 20:30
- 1 November - 31 March: 08:00 - 18:00
- The gardens close at 17:30 on Saturdays with Fountain Night Shows from 15 June to 21 September
- RER: Line C to Versailles-Château-Rive Gauche
- SNCF trains from Montparnasse Station: to Versailles-Chantiers
- SNCF trains from Saint-Lazare Station: to Versailles-Rive Droite
- Parking: There are several paid car parks inside and outside the Estate. Access is free of charge for disabled visitors' vehicles, upon presentation of supporting documents
Palace of Versailles: Palace Entrance + Audio Guide
See the rooms and gardens of this elegant 17th-century castle
Palace of Versailles: Access All Areas + Audio Guide
Access all areas of the Sun King's estate with an audio guide
Palace of Versailles: Skip The Line + Guided Tour in English
Get an eye-opening insider tour of the spectacular royal residences
Estate of Trianon: Marie Antoinette's Hamlet + Trianon Palaces
See how Louis XV of France and Marie Antoinette lived in lavish luxury