- Explore the 52-meter tall medieval keep at Château de Vincennes. It's not only the tallest fortified tower in Europe, it's also where Henry V died
- Accessible by metro (stop: Château de Vincennes) Château de Vincennes is the easiest of the royal châteaux to get to. Our mobile tickets mean no printing and get you in through the priority line entrance. This is the easiest way to get in touch with the French royal family!
- Get access to the château and all temporary exhibitions (of course, you'll have to traverse the medieval moat, but there is a drawbridge)
Originally a hunting lodge, Château de Vincennes was the home of the French royal family for centuries, before they moved to the Palace of Versailles (and well before they were beheaded and banished). This historical compound has a moat, six towers, three gates, and a 52-meter tall keep - the tallest in Europe. This ticket includes access to all the key sights, and entitles you to enter via the priority entrance.
Like the Tower of London and the other, farther out-of-town, former royal residences, a trip to the Château de Vincennes brings you up close to the tumultuous history of royal families in Europe.
Located within Paris, the compound features a beautiful cathedral (although it was badly damaged during the French Revolution) and the highest fortified tower in Europe.
And this site was the setting for some important historical events. The English King Henry V died of dysentery in the donjon (tower), the relics of the Crown of Thorns were stored in the chapel before being transferred to Sainte-Chapelle in Paris and, during its time as a state prison, it held famous inmates including the Marquis de Sade, the philosopher Diderot, and the controversial Count of Mirabeau.
Restored after suffering extensive damage during WWII, the renewed Château de Vincennes is a symbol of the modern French state; it's a beautiful modern location with a complicated history. Come and get some.
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket holders line.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Metro: Line 1 to Château de Vincennes.