Tickets for The Guggenheim: Skip The Line
New York's premier gallery is famed for its world-class modern art collection
- Lose yourself in this palace of modern art, with a world-leading collection and regular exhibitions from major international artists
- Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, the building is a work of art itself, with a spiraling interior ramp reportedly inspired by the concave lines of a seashell
- The Guggenheim's ongoing exhibition of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and modern French masterpieces, with works by Cézanne, Picasso, Kandinsky, Monet, and more, is unmissable
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum (usually shortened to 'The Guggenheim') scarcely needs any introduction. Frank Lloyd Wright's futuristic beehive is an architectural landmark, and the interior houses a world-renowned collection of modern art, celebrating the 20th century and beyond.
Conceived in 1943 by master architect Frank Lloyd Wright, The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum opened to the public in 1959 and changed the world of modern art. Its design is still as cutting-edge as it was in the 50s, with its gracefully spiraling ramp reaching gently into the spectacular domed-glass ceiling.
Frequently updated exhibitions show off a wide range of works from exciting new artists and cultural heavyweights. With free guided tours, downloadable audio guides and interactive augmented reality mobile apps, it's an appropriately contemporary experience – a must-see for lovers of art and architecture, and those looking to recreate that bit at the start of Men in Black.
Danh Vo: Take My Breath Away (9 February - 9 May)
Danish conceptual artist Danh Vo has always pushed the boundaries of his medium, mixing performance art with photography, sculpture and painting to challenge the power structures and cultural forces which shape our world. Featuring everything from large-scale installations to intimate paper works, this retrospective covers an endlessly inventive body of work from a groundbreaking artist.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Metro: Lines 4, 5, 6, or Q
- Bus: Lines M1, M2, M3, or M4
Download the Guggenheim app before your visit or over their free WiFi. The app includes audio guides, as well as exclusive exhibition video and audio experiences so you get the most out of your visit!