- Join a fun and educational calligraphy class in a preserved historic building in Kyoto
- Practice your skills with a Japanese master and pen your own designs on paper to take home
- Experience an ancient and traditional Japanese art and get some first-hand cultural experience
Calligraphy is said to reflect your mind, as well as your writing skills. Feel the therapeutic benefits of creating your own calligraphy from a practiced Japanese master, and take your creations home.
Smartphones are great for snapping up tickets (like this one) but when it comes to sending a heartfelt message, take a leaf out of a Japanese book and commit some words to paper.
Discover the meaning and principles of Japanese calligraphy – also known as shodo. Developed from Chinese writing and symbols roughly 2,000 years ago, this is an ancient form of art and communication with centuries of history behind it.
You might surprise yourself with a brand new skill, usually passed down from generation to generation. You can even take your new designs home for a truly unique souvenir.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance reception
- Make sure to be on time for your selected class. If you arrive late, your class will still end at the scheduled time
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are not possible for this ticket