- Enjoy a guided drive along one of North America's most beautiful mountain roads with scenic rivers and forests
- Explore the wild heart of the northernmost state as you drive a high-performance ATV across varied terrain
- Stop for a delicious picnic lunch and take in jaw-dropping mountain views before journeying back to civilization
Hiking's great, but there's another way to explore Alaska. How does a rip-roaring ATV trek across the Last Frontier sound? Answer: epic.
After meeting your guide in Haines, you'll be taken on a 26-mile joyride along a recognized National Scenic Byway, and through the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve, before getting your hands on the wheel. After your safety briefing, you'll navigate down the Klehini River and through the Alaskan wilderness. Look out for bears, moose and other wildlife as you go!
Soak up the stunning alpine views as your group takes a hearty picnic lunch, before making your way down the mountain and back to Haines.
- Show your smartphone ticket to the guide at the meeting point, on the southeast corner of Port Chilkoot, in Portage Cove in Haines
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before departure time
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Please wear stable, closed-toe shoes, dress in layers, and bring rain gear
- The tour runs rain or shine
- The activity level is moderate, you will be able to drive the ATV for about half of the tour
- There are toilets at the dock and at the ATV staging area
Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve Float
Ride a raft through bald eagle country and enjoy a picnic on the riverbank
Wildlife Safari & Bear Viewing Excursion from Haines
Look for amazing Alaskan wildlife including bears, eagles, and more