Tickets for Glasnevin Museum & Cemetery Tour: Priority Entrance
Explore Irish history in an atmospheric cemetery
- Gain a unique insight into Dublin's atmospheric Victorian burial place and visit the award-winning Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
- Step into Daniel O'Connell's Celtic Romantic designed Crypt, and see the tallest tower in Ireland
- Catch the famous speech given by Patrick Pearse at Jeremiah O'Donovan Rossa's grave on 1 August 1915. It's re-enacted every day at 14:30 by an actor dressed as Pearse
Over 1.5 million people are at rest in the powerfully moving Glasnevin Cemetery. With two tour options to choose from, you'll travel deep into Dublin's history. 2016 is the 100 year anniversary of the Easter Rising, so there's no better time to learn about the 6-day battle that changed the course of Irish history, or to visit the people who fought for Ireland's independence. Factor in an award-winning museum, and it becomes clear why this is such a popular attraction.
This popular attraction offers a window into Irish history, and the tour is filled with wry stories that bring the history to life. Add in a trip to the fantastic museum and it's clear that to leave Dublin without visiting Glasnevin would be a grave mistake. (Sorry).
Dead Interesting Tour
This brand new tour of Glasnevin Cemetery is a great overview and will educate those looking for the facts behind the cemetery's varied sculpture, symbolism and architecture. You'll also learn which sporting heroes rest here, hear about the horticulture and natural life that thrives among the dead, and even pass the vault that was so pivotal in the Irish War of Independence. Why? You'll just have to wait and find out.
General History Tour
Your guide will bring the cemetery to life for you as he (or she) regales stories of the colorful souls who shaped Irish history. Ulster Covenant, The First World War, The Easter Rising and The War of Independence are all unearthed and dissected via enjoyable historical anecdotes, and visits to graves including those of Eamon DeValera, Michael Collins, Countess Markievicz and many more Irish heroes.
Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Tour include access to this award-winning museum; the world's first cemetery museum, no less. Exhibitions cover the cemetery history, funeral monuments and there's even an impressive touchscreen table containing 200 life stories of important Irish figures, spanning almost 200 years.
- Dead Interesting Tour or General History tour
- Access to the award-winning Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
- 10% off at the Tower Café
Show your smartphone ticket at the cash desk. The entrance to the museum is on the right, tours will also leave from there.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Bus: Line 140, from O' Connell Street. Line 40, from O' Connell Street
- By car: Glasnevin Cemetery is on the Finglas Road/N2, close to M1 and M50
Visit the Gravediggers pub around the corner for a drink or a bowl of coddle.