- Gain a unique insight into Dublin's atmospheric Victorian burial place and visit the award-winning Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
- Step into Daniel O'Connell's Celtic Romantic designed Crypt, and see the tallest tower in Ireland
- Catch the famous speech given by Patrick Pearse at Jeremiah O'Donovan Rossa's grave on 1 August 1915. It's re-enacted every day at 14:30 by an actor dressed as Pearse
Over 1.5 million people are at rest in the powerfully moving Glasnevin Cemetery. With two tour options to choose from, you'll travel deep into Dublin's history. 2016 is the 100 year anniversary of the Easter Rising, so there's no better time to learn about the 6-day battle that changed the course of Irish history, or to visit the people who fought for Ireland's independence. Factor in an award-winning museum, and it becomes clear why this is such a popular attraction.
This popular attraction offers a window into Irish history, and the tour is filled with wry stories that bring the history to life. Add in a trip to the fantastic museum and it's clear that to leave Dublin without visiting Glasnevin would be a grave mistake. (Sorry).
General History Tour
Your guide will bring the cemetery to life for you as he (or she) regales stories of the colorful souls who shaped Irish history. Ulster Covenant, The First World War, The Easter Rising and The War of Independence are all unearthed and dissected via enjoyable historical anecdotes, and visits to graves including those of Eamon DeValera, Michael Collins, Countess Markievicz and many more Irish heroes.
Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Tour include access to this award-winning museum; the world's first cemetery museum, no less. Exhibitions cover the cemetery history, funeral monuments and there's even an impressive touchscreen table containing 200 life stories of important Irish figures, spanning almost 200 years.
- Easter Rising tour or General History tour
- Access to the award-winning Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
- 10% off at the Tower Café
How to use your tickets
Go to the cash desk and show the digital ticket on your smartphone.
- Monday to Sunday & Bank Holidays: 10:00 - 17:00
- Daily public tours: 11:30 & 14:30
Tour is 90 minutes, plus museum visit. So leave approx 2.5 hours. This is still a working cemetery. Your Museum & Guided Tour ticket includes 10% off at the Tower Café and a €5 Genealogy voucher.
Due to access via a staircase, Daniel O’Connell's crypt is not accessible by wheelchair.