- Get an exclusive in-depth tour of the MIT grounds with a real student!
- See the Green Building, Great Dome, Harvard Bridge, Lobby 7, and the Infinite Corridor
- Learn the stories of past MIT alumni and discover their famous inventions and accomplishments
Get ready to nerd out! Enter the learning zone of some of the world's top brainiacs and innovators in the fields of math, science, and technology. This educational tour will take you behind the scenes of one of the best and oldest universities in the USA, founded in 1861.
Buzz Aldrin, the second person to walk on the moon, got his doctorate in astronautics at MIT in 1963, and the impressive list of alumni doesn't stop there.
Walk the halls of the MIT milieu, including the 'Infinite Corridor', and hear who else shot to fame after studying within these walls. You might not recognize all the names, but you will know of their inventions and achievements.
Whether you're a student visiting colleges, or a family wanting more from a Boston vacation, the MIT Tour is an inspiring addition to your American history lessons!
- 70-minute guided tour led by a MIT student
- Admission to the buildings
- Please show your smartphone ticket upon arrival at the meeting point
- Look for the sign and the managers of the tour on the sidewalk in the center of Kendall Red Line Subway Station (look for the large sculpture of the letters KSQ and the Chipotle restaurant)
- The tour starts at 12:30, please arrive 10 minutes earlier
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Kendall Square & the Stata Center
- The Green Building
- Great Dome
- Harvard (Mass Ave) Bridge
- Lobby 7 & the Infinite Corridor
Swedish action hero Dolph Lundgren, best known as Ivan Drago in Rocky IV, was offered a Fulbright Scholarship to MIT back in the 1980s due to his scientific prowess.