Tickets for Gala Concert at Danube Palace
A musical night out at Danube Palace
- Visit a top Gala concert in Budapest and wrap your ears round classical magic, plus Operetta, Hungarian folk and Gypsy music in a truly awesome night out
- Fall in love with the music as it comes to life in the stunning 19th-century Danube Palace, right in the heart of Budapest
- Hear the cimbalom, an impressive Hungarian stringed instrument that plays in perfect harmony
"If music be the food of love, play on" - so wrote William Shakespeare. At the Danube Palace (established in 1895) you'll feast on a musical spectacular and fall in love with the sounds of The Danube Symphony Orchestra and the Ballet Ensemble of Budapest Operetta Theater.
Included in the line-up of classical, Hungarian folk and Gypsy music, you'll witness wonderful operetta performances by the soloists of the world-famous Budapest Operetta Theater.
You'll hear classics by Franz Liszt, Zoltán Kodály and Emmerich Kalman, and watch the orchestra work its magic on Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, complete with a cimbalom solo.
What's that? You've never heard the cimbalom? During the 19th century this traditional Hungarian stringed instrument was pretty much the most distinguished musical instrument one could play in Hungary, with rich parents encouraging their children to play it instead of the piano. Listen as it plays in perfect harmony, and watch the ballet dancers twirl in time.
There's a short intermission between the two parts, so grab yourself a wine, or beer, and discuss the new culture you've discovered on the Danube.
- Hector Berlioz: Rákóczi March
- Zoltán Kodály: Intermezzo - from the Opera Háry János
- Johannes Brahms: Hungarian Dances No. 5.
- Béla Bartók: Roumanian Folk Dances
- Jules Massenet: Thais - Meditation
- Ferenc Erkel: Palotás – from the Opera Hunyadi László
- Franz Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2.
- Franz Lehár: Eva-Waltz
- Emmerich Kálmán: The CzardasQueen – Dasist die Liebe
- Franz Lehár: The Merry Widow - Medley
- Franz Lehár: The Merry Widow – GrisettenLied und Kan-Kan
- Gypsy Band: Grigoraş Ionică Dinicu - The nightingale
- Gyspy Band: A csitári hegyek alatt - Hungarian Folk song
- Gypsy Band: Vittorio Monti - Csárdás Czardas
- Emmerich Kalman: The Devil-rider – Palotás
- Emmerich Kálmán: Countess Mariza – Komm mit nach Varazdin
- Johann Strauss jr.: Long livethe Magyar - Op. 332.
- Emmerich Kálmán: Countess Mariza – BraunesMädel von der Pussta
- Ticket to the gala concert
- Short guided tour of the venue (VIP ticket only)
- Free photo in the concert hall (VIP ticket only)
- A glass of champagne during the intermission (VIP ticket only)
- Food and additional drinks
Show your smartphone ticket at the box office.
Danube Palace 1051, Budapest Zrínyi street 5
The music was full of spirits!
We are really happy having visited this concert!