Tickets for Hamburger Bahnhof – Museum of Contemporary Art
Contemporary art in an old train station!
- Skip the line to one of Berlin's coolest contemporary art museums in a converted 1840s neo-Renaissance train station!
- See over 450 drawings from Beuys and 60 sketches from Andy Warhol, plus contemporary projects in video, design, and photography
- Hang out in the indoor and outdoor cafes, a truly cultured way to spend a day in Berlin
Contemporary art of all kinds is even more impressive in an old train station setting! See works by Joseph Beuys, Cy Twombly, Anselm Kiefer, and over 60 of Andy Warhol's sketches at the Museum für Gegenwart - a must-see for any art fan visiting Berlin.
Get to grips with Berlin's hip and modern culture at this atmospheric Museum of Contemporary Art, located in a cool converted 1840s neo-Renaissance train station!
Berlin collector Dr. Erich Marx has managed to get his hands on some seriously impressive art by the greats over the years, including some mid 20th-century masterpieces! From photography to painting, to modern sculptures, there's a host of contemporary works to puzzle your mind and make your jaw drop.
All the faves are represented, from the provocative German ‘enfant terrible’ Joseph Beuys, to Cy Twombly, Anselm Kiefer, and Andy Warhol. In fact, there are 60 of Warhol's sketches here, plus contemporary works in video, design, and photography.
Once you've explored to your art's desire, why not hang out in the indoor or outdoor cafe, nibble on something sweet and contemplate all that contemporary awesomeness? A definite must-see in Berlin!
How to use your tickets
Skip the ticket line, show your smartphone ticket at the entrance and walk right in.
You can enter the museum any time you want during opening hours.
- Access to the Hamburger Bahnhof's permanent collection
- Access to temporary exhibitions
Good to know
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 10:00 - 18:00
- Thursday: 10:00 - 20:00
- Saturday & Sunday: 11:00 - 18:00
Special Opening Hours
- 14 - 17 April: 11:00 - 18:00
- 1 & 5 May: 11:00 - 18:00
- 03 October: 11:00 - 18:00
- 25 & 26 December: 11:00 - 18:00
- Metro: U55 to Hauptbahnhof
- S-Bahn: S5, S7 or S75 to Hauptbahnhof
- Tram: 12, M5, M8 or M10 to Invalidenpark
- Bus: 120, 123, 142, 147, 245, M41, M85, N20, N40 or TXL