Tickets for Computer Games Museum
Journey through the history of computer games
- Get a tour and see a first generation 3D-simulator and play the world-famous PainStation from 2001, which gives you an electric shock or a whiplash for making a wrong move (you've been warned!)
- Try your hand at classics like The Pong-Machine, Donkey Kong, Asteroids and Space Invaders!
- Check out three different VR devices, including the SU 2000 from 1994 and the (way) more modern Oculus Rift
Remember feeding those slots and how amazing you felt when all the change poured out (if you got that lucky?)? Games have come a long way - and you'll just see how far exactly with a trip to Berlin's Computerspielemuseum. Take a tour with Lara Croft, play classics like full-sized Pong, PainStation and Pacman on a giant joystick, and learn about the history of games, from arcades and slot machines to Atari.
Your inner computer geek will love seeing rare originals still in working order. Once Lara Croft has welcomed you in, you'll meet Nimrod, the first computer designed exclusively to play a game, and cruise through an exhibition of over 300 games and computer-related items.
In this awesome journey through the 21st century you'll see how far we've come from coin-operated machines, to the Tamagotchi, (that digital chicken from the 90s) to Grand Theft Auto IV and more. You'll learn about the people who introduced games to our lives and homes, and laugh and point at how clunky things look on the Wall of Hardware. We're talking Apple II, Commodore PET, Atari, and Vectrex. Remember those?
Of course you do, but you're here to play as well as reminisce. Try your skills on 'Game & Watch', an electronic LCD-game by Nintendo from 1980, Donkey Kong, Asteroids and even Space Invaders. Plus, if you're brave enough, try the famous PainStation, which punishes you for making a bad Pong move. You might want to knock everything else off your schedule for the day!
- Your entry to one of Berlin's coolest attractions
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- U-Bahn: U5 to Weberwiese
- S-Bahn: S3, S5, S7 or S75 to Ostbahnhof
- Bus: 240 or 347 to Weberwiese
- Sun - Thu: 10:00 - 20:00
- Fri & Sat: 10:00 - 21:00
- 24 Dec: 10:00 - 15:00
- 1 Jan: 12:00 - 20:00