Tickets for Berlin TV Tower: Early Bird
Get into this Berlin icon right when it opens!
- Ride the first wave into this iconic GDR landmark. This Early Bird ticket gets you right in at the opening
- On a clear day you'll be able to see as far as 42 kilometers away from the 203m-high viewing deck
- The best views of famous Berlin landmarks such as Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, Museum Island, and Potsdamer Platz
The popular Fernsehturm (TV Tower) often has lengthy lines all day long. But you're too smart for standing in that human chain that snakes around the square. Grab this Early Bird ticket and head there for opening. Walk right up to the doors and stroll inside. Enjoy your time on the viewing deck in relatively calm and serenity. As a wise tourist once said: "Be the early bird, get the worm."
Built in 1969, this TV Tower was supposed to demonstrate the GDR's engineering prowess. It did that - sorta. However, when the sun hits the steel sphere below the antenna, the reflection appears as a giant, luminous cross. The staunchly secular Eastern Bloc state would have no doubt been less than pleased. Gleeful West Berliners dubbed the phenomenon ‘the Pope’s revenge’.
More than 50 years on, this 368m-tall needle is a universally loved silhouette on the Berlin skyline, a symbol of the city, and a 'must-see' Berlin attraction.
In fact, a trip to this structure is one of the most popular activities in the city, hence the long line ups out front all day long. If that's the problem, here's the solution.
Early Bird access that gets you into the Telespargel (tele-asparagus) right at opening (9:00 from March to October, 10:00 from November to February).
Once up above the city you'll get astounding views of the German capital from 203 meters up. Famous sights such as the Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate, as well as the river Spree are all visible. If you get a clear day you'll be able to see up to 42 kilometers away!
The views from the viewing platform are spectacular. And if you decide to stick around for a breakfast or coffee, the Sphere restaurant has - as you can imagine - pretty nice window tables.
- Entrance to the TV tower
- Food and drink at The Sphere
- Hold the code imprinted at the bottom of this ticket in front of the scanner to pass through the turnstile. You'll also need this ticket to leave the TV Tower, so keep it safe.
- Due to increased security measures, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your booking. Delays may occur due to the security checks in front of and inside the Tower.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
To ensure the safety of the visitors in the event of an evacuation, there is, due to the structural conditions which exist in the Berlin TV Tower, no admittance for wheelchair users and persons with current impaired mobility.