Tickets for Hillsborough Castle & Gardens + Guided Tour
Tour a historic castle and wander the gardens
- This palace, still in use today, is a beautiful late Georgian mansion. Your ticket includes a guided tour!
- Explore 40 hectares of stunning gardens, developed in the 1700s, at your own pace
- The controversial - and significant - Anglo-Irish Agreement of 1985 was signed here in the Throne Room
Looking for a trip outside of Belfast? Visit Hillsborough Castle, the Georgian mansion from the 1770s. It's used today by the British Royal Family when they're visiting Northern Ireland. And, for a day, it can be visited by you too! Ogle at the throne and other trappings of royalty, explore 40 hectares of gardens, and get a guided tour of the castle!
If Queen Elizabeth is still turning down your requests to have tea at Buckingham Palace, here's your chance to step foot in another real working palace.
Built in the 1770s, Belfast's Hillsborough Castle is the official residence of the Royal Family, whenever they're visiting Northern Ireland! And the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland - the Queen's rep in N.I. - lives here year-round.
Explore this late Georgian mansion with a tour guide and visit the elegant State Rooms, the graceful Drawing Room, and even the regal Throne Room.
When you find the pressures of royal life to be too much, take a self-guided walk through the 40 hectares of beautiful gardens. Since the 1760s these tranquil lawns, waterways, and wooded areas have been a welcome getaway for heavy-crowned heads.
- Guided tour of the castle
- Self-guided access to the gardens
- Show your smartphone ticket at the admissions desk, located in the courthouse building (in front of the castle)
- You can enter the gardens from 10:00. Access to the castle will be only at the selected timeslot
- Make sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Bus: Line 238 from Belfast Europa Bus Centre, direction Newry - get off at the War Memorial, Hillsborough stop. Buses leave regularly and the journey takes about 35 minutes. From the bus stop, it's a 5-minute walk to Hillsborough Castle.