- See more than 200 paintings, drawings and letters from Vincent van Gogh - it's the world's largest collection
- Get a complete picture of the artist, by comparing Van Gogh's work to those by his contemporaries. Highlights from other artists on display here include Gauguin's Les Misérables, and Monet's Tulip Fields near The Hague
- This is the second most popular attraction in Amsterdam. This Direct Access ticket lets you skip the often-lengthy line and walk straight into Van Gogh's world
One look at the vivid colors, bucolic scenery, and oblong shapes of British artist David Hockney's paintings, and it's easy to see which Dutch master his work is inspired by.
Hockney - Van Gogh: The Joy of Nature presents Vincent Van Gogh's masterpieces alongside Hockney's most iconic works, and draws the eye towards their shared appreciation for the little details that help turn dried paint into living scenes that spring from the canvas. Hockney's imposing Yorkshire landscapes are a central part of the exhibition, with his stunning The Arrival of Spring in Woldgate as a highlight.
The Van Gogh Museum houses the world’s largest collection of Van Gogh's artwork. This skip-the-line ticket - valid for a specific time slot - is the only way to get in fast. See the largest collection of Van Gogh's paintings, plus works by many of his contemporaries, and trace his fascinating development as an artist.
The permanent collection of Van Gogh's works in the museum displays over 200 of his items, including his serene landscapes, beautiful still lifes and compelling drawings and letters. Seen together, they cast a revealing light on his extraordinary life. Don't miss his legendary painting Sunflowers and his eccentric self-portraits.
The museum also showcases works by some of Van Gogh’s contemporaries — including Gauguin and Monet — that put his paintings into a broader context. Besides the permanent collection the museum also exhibits seasonal expositions, which show various aspects of 19th-century art history.
- Skip-the-line access to the Van Gogh Museum
- Audio guide (if chosen, in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, and Korean)
- 'Masterpieces' book (if chosen)
- Walk past the ticket office and go straight to the entrance
- Be on time to avoid missing your timeslot
- You have up to 30 minutes after your selected timeslot to enter the Van Gogh Museum
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
If you want even more insights into Vincent van Gogh's world, you can pick up a multimedia guide inside the museum for an additional cost. It gives you a whole new perspective on his upbringing, work and what inspired him!