Tickets for ARTIS Royal Zoo: Skip The Line
Have a largely wild time at a historic zoo... and even get small at Micropia!
- See over 700 species of animals including lions, zebras, and giraffes and dine to the sounds of birdsong on the restaurant's terrace
- Explore through 27 historic, monumental buildings and get starry-eyed in the planetarium, which has different shows each day
- Take a walk on the tiny side with an optional visit to Micropia, the award-winning museum which celebrates microbes and the vital roles they play in our everyday lives
More than 700 different species of animals call the ARTIS Zoo home. Well, only the parrots can call it that, but they do all live here. You'll get the chance to visit the penguins, wolves, giraffes and more. There's also an impressive art collection, a zoological library, a planetarium and 26 historical buildings. If that wasn't enough, you can now get microscopic at Micropia and discover the secret lives of the planet's smallest creatures.
Elephants, penguins, giraffes, alligators – all the usual suspects and more can be found at Europe's oldest zoo. Walk among the beautiful buildings and soak up the atmosphere and animal sightings. Built in 1838, the ARTIS campus is made up of 27 historic buildings. Their significance is sadly lost on most of the residents.
The whole experience is wonderfully wild, yet refined. There's art in its aquarium (alongside the sea creatures), an old-timey zoological library just behind the anteaters, and an excellent restaurant with a terrace overlooking the aviary. Yet another crowd pleaser is the Butterfly Garden, where you can mingle with thousands of fluttery friends.
Once you've seen all creatures great and small... it's time to go even smaller with an optional trip to Micropia. The 2016 Museum of the Year shines a tiny spotlight on the world of microbes and shows how these unsung heroes affect and influence our lives.
- Access to the zoo
- Access to Micropia (if the add-on is selected during checkout)
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Tram: 9 or 14, Artis.
ARTIS Royal Zoo:
- 09:00 - 17:00, March - October until 18:00
- 09:00 - 18:00, Thursday - Saturday until 20:00
If the weather's nice, pack a picnic lunch and spread out a blanket - there are plenty of leafy green spaces around the zoo grounds to enjoy an al fresco meal.