- See hundreds of different species including lions, zebras and giraffes, and dine to the soothing sounds of birdsong on the restaurant's terrace
- Spot 27 different monuments including several historical buildings, and get starry-eyed in the planetarium, which has different shows each day
- Take a walk on the tiny side with an optional visit to Micropia, the award-winning museum which celebrates microbes and the vital roles they play in our everyday lives
The ARTIS Zoo contains a huge amount of different species including penguins, wolves, giraffes, and more. There's also an impressive art collection, a zoological library, a planetarium, and 27 monuments found throughout the area. If that wasn't enough, you can now get microscopic at Micropia and discover the secret lives of the planet's smallest creatures.
Elephants, penguins, giraffes, jaguars – all the usual suspects and more can be found at the Netherlands's oldest zoo. Walk among the beautiful buildings and soak up the atmosphere and animal sightings. Built in 1838, the ARTIS campus features several historic buildings. Their significance is sadly lost on most of the residents.
The whole experience is wonderfully wild, yet refined. There's art in its aquarium (alongside the sea creatures), an old-timey zoological library just behind the anteaters, and an excellent restaurant with a terrace overlooking the aviary. Yet another crowd pleaser is the Butterfly Garden, where you can see thousands of fluttering wings.
Once you've seen all creatures great and small... it's time to go even smaller with an optional trip to Micropia. The 2016 Museum of the Year shines a tiny spotlight on the world of microbes and shows how these unsung heroes affect and influence our lives.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
A limited number of wheelchairs can be borrowed at the cash register for a deposit of €1. Carts suitable for children between 2 and 5 can be used for a deposit of €2, available at the end of Papegaaienlaan.