Tickets for Weltmuseum: Skip The Line
Discover a palatial anthropology museum that's fit for a king!
- Discover Vienna's newly restored Museum of Ethnography, which occupies a whole wing of the magnificent Hofburg Imperial Palace
- Explore a fascinating permanent collection of over 400,000 objects, arranged like a string of pearls across 14 galleries
- Enjoy a regularly updated programme of special exhibitions, featuring everything from ancient archaeological finds to the latest modern art
The largest anthropological museum in Austria is back – and bigger and better than ever before! After a three-year renovation, the Weltmuseum Wien has opened its doors again, with over 400,000 fascinating ethnographical and archaeological objects beautifully arranged across 14 galleries. Get ready to dive into history and dig up a perfect day out.
Vienna's Museum of Ethnography occupies a whole wing of the Hofburg Imperial Palace, making it a museum fit for a king. Inside, you'll find hundreds of thousands of artifacts from cultures all over the world.
The newly redesigned permanent collection is arranged like a giant string of pearls, stretching far back into history to show the contemporary relevance of ancient civilizations. Meet the rulers of the 15th-century Ethiopian Empire, lose yourself in the paradise of the South Seas, and learn the ways of life in a Himalayan Buddhist village.
Along the way, you might spot a priceless Aztec headdress, marvel at James Cook's collection of Polynesian Art, and study two of the remaining tablets of Rongorongo glyphs.
After all that, make sure you still have time to check out the regularly updated exhibitions, showcasing everything from Franz Ferdinand's world travels to the latest contemporary art.
- Access to the Weltmuseum (collection and exhibitions)
- Access to the library (open Monday - Thursday)
- Imperial Armoury of the Kunsthistorisches Museum
- Guided tour (available at an extra cost)
Skip the lines and show your smartphone ticket at the final entrance.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.