- Get a professional guided tour of the winery where Pinot Noir vines from Burgundy were first planted in 1758
- Taste the flagship award-winning wine Tesoro, plus four other unique and yummy wines
- Sample some delicious Pannonian delicacies while you sip on your wine
When maestro and composer Joseph Haydn served as the musical director for the wealthy Esterházy family in Vienna, part of his salary was paid in wine. You'll see why this was such a good deal for him when you taste five superb wines on this fun tour through the Esterházy Winery with a professional guide and sommelier. Getting tipsy has never been this educational.
Your 20-minute guided tour through the wine cellar will teach you the hows and whys of the boozy delights made by the Esterházy Winery, who've been making wines here in Burgenland for more than 250 years. Taste young wines like Prinz (Prince), Prinzessin (Princess) and Froschkönig (the Frog King), plus the flagship, award-winning wine Tesoro, which is a tasty blend of Merlot and Blaufränkisch, left to age for a staggering 19 months.
You'll munch on Pannonian delicacies as you learn about the different wines the passionate vintners produce here. The tradition of fine wines goes all the way back to 1758, when Pinot Noir vines from Burgundy were first planted here!
From light classics to sparkling whites, to unique vintages, you'll definitely find one (or five) you want to pour down your throat in large quantities. And yes, you can buy some at the end!
Trausdorf 1, 7061 Trausdorf an der Wulka
- Winery tour and 5 wines to taste
- You and your sommelier will choose between several white, red, rose and sparkling wines served with Pannonian delicacies
Using your Ticket
Show the mobile tickets on your phone at the entrance
- Unfortunately there's no public transportation to go to the venue, you can however hop-on the Orange Line bus
- April to October: Daily 10:00 - 18:00
- November to March: Mon to Sat 10:00 - 18:00, closed on sundays